Chapter Forty-Four: Truth

Seth stared with a look of fury. His hands steady with a calm heartbeat. Like a predator on the hunt. In his hands was a USB flash drive. Staring at it drove hatred through his veins. But he kept his cool. As he continued to stare into the flash drive, a mental battle urged in his thoughts. Sasha Banks, the girl he fell in love with in high school. Sasha Banks, the girl that beat Seth Rollins to the ground. In a gasping plea, she spat in his face. Sasha Banks, the girl who claimed she was sorry. Seth shook his head in disappointment. He couldn't believe he trusted Sasha again. 

He realized he was played. Played to throw Bayley out of his life. Seth could hardly bear the fact that he almost did. He promised himself to never hurt Bayley. Not after the incident during his depression. Seth broke that promise. Once again did he pin Bayley to a wall. An injured Bayley to make matters worse. Something sparked in him though. Bayley Martinez, his best friend was hurt. Seth automatically had a thirst to fight against that force against her. But Seth realized that force was him. He let go. Seth couldn't process how privileged he was to still have Bayley at his side. After that moment, he could've swore that was the end of their friendship. Instead, she hugged him. It was exactly what he needed.

His little campfire had turned to a forest fire. Bayley is the match and Sasha is the gasoline that fueled the blaze. His rage was bigger than ever now. Seth was ready to take The Devil Incarnate and burn it down. There was a tingling sensation on his cheek. The firefighter that contained him. For now...

From behind, Seth heard the door open.

Twenty Minutes Earlier

Seth busted through the front doors of the arena to the outside. His heart was pounding quickly as sweat poured down his face. That just happened! Bayley just kissed him on the cheek?! Sasha has been lying ever since she returned?! What the hell was going on?! Was he dreaming?! Seth slapped himself across the face. After a short reassurance, Seth realized he wasn't dreaming. Thoughts crowded his mind. 

"What if Bayley was lying? Does Sasha love me? Are the two battling over me? Who can I trust anymore? Calm down Seth. One step at a time. You left the building to go to the parking lot. You are going to the parking lot to go to your car. You are going to your car to see what Sasha put in the glove box. Right. Move Seth move! You don't have much time!"

Seth ran farther away from the arena to the parking lot. No time to wait for traffic to stop. Seth hustled along the crosswalk to hear tires screeching. Headlights blinded him and Seth's heart jumped. 

Déjà vu. 

Seth closed his eyes and held his hands out in front of him. The car came to a halt and Seth gave a gasping breath. 

"Get the fuck off the road moron!"

The car's horn blared and Seth scurried the rest of the way across the crosswalk. Seth saw his car in the back of the parking lot. He continued to run. His hands jumbled in his pocket grabbing a hold of the car keys. Seth rapidly pressed the unlock button and stopped himself from running straight into the door. 

Exhausted, Seth opened the driver side door and crawled over to the glove box. He quickly opened the compartment and scrambled through all of the paperwork along with other necessities. Licensing, registration, notepad, insurance, gloves, beanie, cloth, and a USB flash drive. A USB flash drive? The same one from court? With a look of confusion, Seth pulled it out and stared at it. 

"So that's what she's hiding."

Seth looked behind him. The button to open the trunk. His laptop is in his suitcase. Scrambling backward, Seth pushed the button and got out of the car. Opening the trunk, his suitcase seemed so distant. Snapping out of the hallucination, Seth zipped open the front pocket and pulled out his laptop. He placed it on top of his suitcase.