Chapter 49, A Day of remembering...

Yami's POV 

At least a few days a few days has passed since what had happened. We were all able to settle down and return back to our normal lives....well all expect Yugi. He has been waking up to nightmares every night again and he tells me that it's either from seeing the evil Tristan, or it's off all of us being dead around him.

It was the start of the next day and I ended up waking up before him. Remembering how upset he got last time, I started to shake him. He woke up quite easily and just smiled at me as he sat up. "Ughhh I want more sleep!" he yelled and tried to flop down.

"No if I let you go back to sleep then you'll never sleep tonight so come on." I said and got out of the bed. I slept in Yugi's room as the game shop didn't have a spare room and besides, me and Yugi liked it so there was no bother. 

Going down stairs I started to make breakfast as Yugi got changed. Grandpa's trip had grown so now it was going to be me and Yugi for at least 7 months  and I had to help cook. Luckily me and Yugi knew equal amount in cooking so we could mange. Yugi came down in his normal clothes of blue leather pants with his black top but he didn't have his normal choker.

"Hey Abiou, lost your choker?" I asked and he nodded his head. He still had his bed hair and was changed but messy. "Are you that tiered you can't even dress yourself? "

He just laughed at me and sat down in the living room while waiting for me to bring the food to him. I decided we were to have pancakes and soon enough finished them. We sat down and watched the news, but the bad thing was I knew one of the topics coming up. "News from yesterday as a house was burnt down and only one body was found. 18 year old, soon to be 19 year old Tristan was found but not killed by the fire. Cause of death has been confirmed as stabbing but for the killer has yet to be revealed."

Just as I though, Yugi was close to breaking down but held back the tears. "Just remember Yugi..." I said and got up, moving closer to him. "He regained his humanity before he passed. He had control of his own body."

Yugi nodded his head as he wiped his eyes. A knock came to the door and I made Yugi sit down as I got the door. As soon as I opened it, I got tackled by whoever was behind it. Once I looked up, I saw Kaiba, Tea, Duke and Serenity all standing there making me realise I got tackled by Joey. "Hey Yami!"

"Your really happy today. What's the catch? Did Kaiba make some sort of promise with you?" I asked and Joey's face went beetroot. He slightly punched my face as he got up and stood at Kaiba's side. Everyone came in and Yugi was completely different. We all just spend the day duelling each other, making treats and even played truth or dare. We all just picked dares but nothing major came up. 

"Joey we're gonna need to head. We need to pick up Mokuba from his friends," Kaiba said and got up from where he was sitting. Joey also got up and we all went to say goodbye to them at the door.

"Hold on a minute Seto I wanna talk to Yami for a minute," he said and Kaiba didn't look impressed at me. Joey dragged me away from everyone. "Have you asked out Yugi yet? I mean you two are already almost a married couple," he said and I shook my head. "Dude! Come on! You have the perfect chance! Gramps trip is going on longer so you have time alone with him. Man up like I did with Seto!"

"I think it was Seto that might have asked you Joey..." I said and all his confidence drained out of him. "But...I'll do once everyone is gone I promise." Joey's smile grew as he ran off back to everyone. 

"Come on guys! We're all off!" Joey yelled as he grabbed Kaiba's hand and dragged him out. Tea and the others soon joined them. Yugi didn't stop smiling after they left though, he just kept his smile.

We finished of the night with a few movies and some snacks. The finale movie was coming to a end and Yugi was curled up on my arm. "Lets get you to bed before you fall asleep on my arm," I laughed and Yugi just sighed. I had to drag him up the stairs and as soon as we got into 'our' room he flopped down on the bed.

"Yugi...before you go to sleep I want to talk to you..." I mumbled and he finally sat up. "We have known each other for so long. I know that I haven't really been the best person in the past but I hope that I can be better for you. Getting to the point...what I'm trying to say is that I have....loved you all this time."

"I knew you liked Tea so I didn't want to make you upset or to ruin our friendship. All I wanted was to see you smile, that was enough to keep me happy. But once I left, I realised how much I missed you...how much I needed you in my life so what I should ask is...will you go out with me?"

I have never sounded more scared in my life, but I meant every word. I couldn't see my face...but I knew that I was completely red. I finally was able to look up at his face, just hoping for a good reaction when...

YEYYY happy chapter! well sort of.... But Yami has finally asked him out! Little Yami is growing up. What will Yugi saw to him about everything he said? Also I think next chapter will be the final for this book! I am planning for a sequel but it's up to you guys if you want a squeal or not.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, if so let me know down below and STAY TUNED FOR THE FINAL!!!