Sheep Song Part III «Nakahara Chuuya»

"You're awfully quiet right now," Chuuya suddenly said, my hands tightening on the glass filled with half-finished champagne.

We were spending the night out under Kouyou-nee's apartment complex, a local pub which was a crowd favorite within the vicinity for those looking for a shot of good liquor for a cheap price.

It was also the perfect vantage point to see who came and gone from the apartment.

"Are you drunk already, Chuuya? Last I heard, you were always the first one to complain about me being noisy," I retorted, my hands lifting the glass up and grimacing at the red liquid sloshing inside.

"Shaddap! I haven't even fully downed my first glass yet so no I'm not."

"Why a pub of all places? Why couldn't it be a bookstore or a coffeehouse instead?" I moaned in protest, my hands pushing the glass aside before resting my head on the table.

Although the pub did have a good ambiance to it, with little people and a rather chill atmosphere, there was still something that brought me to life whenever I enter a bookstore or a coffeehouse.

"I can't believe you wouldn't enjoy a place like this. Even the wine here's somewhat alright," Chuuya shook his head in disappointment before refilling his glass of the red wine.

"Did Yasuko-san enjoy places like these?" I couldn't help but ask, to which Chuuya's response was a choking sound and a rather intimidating glare that would have scared anyone who didn't know him. "Why on earth would you bring that up?!"

I shrugged at his outburst while spinning my fingers around the rim of the glass to keep me distracted, "I dunno... Out of curiosity, I guess."

"Women," He sighed before finishing his second glass, "Depends on the ambiance. If she were here now then she'd probably enjoy it, maybe even have a glass or two..."

"I see..."

"What's with you? You're being all sentimental lately," He replied, the slight slur of his speech an indication that he was getting slightly tipsy. For all his love for the best alcohol, he still couldn't hold his liquor no matter how much he tried.

"It's a pub, Chuuya. I thought people here are always sentimental?" I teased which earned me an irritated sigh.

"I guess so..."

"Whoa! Hold up, did you just agree with me? Are you drunk already, Chuuya!"

"Shut up. I like my alcohol with a good ambiance and beautiful music and you're ruining it," He shushed while refilling probably a third glass of red wine.

I rolled my eyes at his retort while easing myself at the bar stool that was already giving me cramps. "You know we're out on a patrol so I suggest you stop drinking too much, you're already tipsy enough and I'd hate to have to drag you during battle."

"Drag me? Woman, I can tear the whole place down without having you here."

"Uh-huh. Unless you use 'Corruption' and you know how that will end," I counter and dodged the hand trying to grab for my collar. "See, you can't even catch me~"

"Get back here!"

"No can do~" I giggle but nonetheless still take my seat back next to him. With how tipsy he was, chances were that any attack he'd do would be easily dodged.

"Ugh, you're even more of a handful," He could only shake his head in defeat, hazy blue eyes passing me an annoyed glare before returning to his drink.

"I take it as a compliment?"

"You always take everything as a compliment."

"I dunno. In the games I've played, when the guy says that, they usually have feelings for the FMC and are just being tsundere about it," I shrug to which I earned myself another amusing sight of Chuuya choking on his alcohol.