Sheep Song Part I «Nakahara Chuuya»

Warning for Chuuya's potty mouth

--*--

"An old acquaintance?" I repeated, my hands pausing to stare at my partner.

Chuuya merely clicked his tongue in irritation, fingers tapping incessantly on the steering wheel of his car. "If it had been the boss then I wouldn't be this unwilling. Damn that woman, always making me do the most pathetic of tasks."

We were parked next to a rather lavishly decorated building, each person exiting were eyed dutifully by me. Chuuya could care less right now who left, seeing as this job had been asked of him by our mentor Kouyou-nee.

I doubt he'd even go if it hadn't been for the fact that we both owed Kouyou-nee so much during our stay at the Port Mafia. I still shivered at the memory but eternally grateful just the same. I could live with the dress-up Kouyou-nee subjected me too rather than live off the streets waiting to die like an animal.

"Relax, Chuuya! Let's just get it over shall we? I'm sure they'll be here soon," I reassured my impatient partner, giggling to myself when all he could do was frown at my words.

'Ah, there we see the real him.'

But it's not like he's ever changed. Even when I was assigned as his partner two years ago, he would always argue with me about the simplest of things. I mean, Elise-chan told me that teasing him was the best way to know him better, it worked with his old partner as Elise-chan had told me.

"Che. The she-demon practically loves you that's why you're so eager to help her!" He spat in irritation making me click my tongue in a reprimanding manner.

"And this is why you never get far, Chuuya. Kouyou-nee adores you just the same but your temper always ruins it."

"Ha?! Are you mocking me?" He was facing me now, the hot fuse already reaching the point where it was ready to burst. My eyes shone with mirth at seeing him so easily riled up, wondering whether I should let it explode or save it for later.

I decided with the former.

"Of course not, Chuuya. I'm just stating an opinion," I admitted and just as he was about to relax, my mouth decided to continue ruining his moment, "Something you should consider listening to if you want to get far in both life and height."

"Damn you, woman! You're just as irritating as my old partner."

He had me by the collar, his hands fisted onto it like a noose. I coughed at the sudden attack, laughter still dancing in my eyes while his were already narrowed into steel cold blue ones.

"I'm flattered, Chuuya."

"That wasn't even a compliment," He growled making me giggle, "I know. I just love pushing your buttons."

"Do you have a death wish?" He threatened to which I casted him a wry smile, "You know very well that I do."

"Tsk. Why do I always end up with the suicidal ones? If you want to die so much then I'll ring up my old partner. He's looking for a beautiful lady to commit a double-suicide with so I'm sure he'll be eager to die with you. It's killing two birds with one stone to me too."

"Chuuya~! I didn't think I'd be blessed with such a wonderful partner. You would really do that for me? And you even called me beautiful~" I sniffed, completely touched that he would consider me as such.

"Ha?! I said no such-" I didn't give him the chance to finish before I clasped his hands, "Do you want me to give you anything as a token of my gratitude? An expensive drink perhaps? I have just the right one you'll enjoy!"