Late...

"Better late than never, but never late is better."

-Anonymous

Tenten POV

I look at Ameko and Neji, my confusion washing over me like a tsunami. What just happened?! I glance at Neji, and see his face red and beads of sweat dripping down his neck. Is it that intense? Then I look at Ameko. She looks perfectly calm and confident. And Neji's obviously not himself right now. Is he really this serious about fighting Ameko?

"Hey guys."

I turn around and see Kakashi-sensei. He was holding one of those makeout series books his left hand, while the other was waving at us.

"Kakashi-sensei!" Naruto yells, "let me guess, you got lost on the path of life again?"

Kakashi-sensei scratches the back of his neck. "Ah.."

"Of course, we never believe any of your lame excuses," Sakura adds, rolling her eyes, "you were obviously reading that pervy book again."

I glance at Ameko and Neji. Ameko was looking at the conversation between Team 7, while Neji crossed his arms and looked away, glaring. I chuckle.

"So this is Ameko," Kakashi-sensei mumbles, nodding at Ameko.

"Yeah," she replies, smiling, "and you must be Kakashi Hatake, the Copy Ninja?"

"Mhm."

"Well it's nice to meet you."

"Same goes for you."

Am I the only confused one? I look around at everyone and search their expressions. Sakura, Naruto and Ameko were talking to Kakashi, while everyone else was just dozing off. Lee and Guy-sensei were doing push-ups, while Neji just sat by himself at the wooden table farther from the one everyone was sitting at. I take a deep breath and walk over to sit by him. He glances at me, then looks away.

"You okay, Neji?" I ask, sincerely. "You look kinda tired."

He doesn't respond.

"Neji," I repeat.

He stays silent. I smile a little.

"Is it the training with Lord Hiashi?" I say, "you can tell me."

Neji sighs.

"Yes. The training has gotten even more difficult than it already was," he replies, "and it has gotten me more stressed." I nodded, then turned to him.

"I'm just very confused. I've never seen you like this, and now after you and Ameko were arguing, everyone's just so chill right now," I say, looking around at my chattering friends. He rolls his eyes.

"Typical Tenten. Always the last one to know what's going on," he says, smirking. I flush and bonked him with my scroll.

"Hey!" Neji yells, glaring at me.

"Hello, Neji," I reply, laughing.

We sit there until Ameko walked over to us.

"What's up, guys? Why aren't you with us over there?" She asks, halfway glancing at Neji, who just stared at his lap. I shrug and yank Neji's arm, dragging him towards Guy-sensei.