10 : Awkward

Nick

I kissed her..

I couldn't feel happier about it.. my heart was pounding so fast and so strong when our lips were connected..

My hands started caressing her skin, having a mind of its own..

As I felt her plump lips against mine, I felt like I wanted more.. I wanted to keep going.. I didn't want it to end

I wanted to stop time.. because I knew that that was the only time I would ever get to kiss her

I knew she wanted nothing more

I couldn't even understand what possessed me to make such a move on her.. I didn't think about it, I just acted on an impulse.. I did what I wanted

Watching her leave broke a piece of my heart.. I wanted for her to stay.. to be in my arms.. to tell me she wanted me..

She didn't even say goodbye.. but I understood why.. I would've react the same way

The next days I tried to get my mind off of that day.. I couldn't daydream about it or I would not focus on my work..

Eventually I had to write a song about it, or I would drive myself insane.. I needed to get the feelings out of my chest..

I scribbled in my book around, playing with lines and rhymes.. talking about Demi from my heart..

I can't get your smile out of my mind
I think about your eyes all the time
You're beautiful but you don't even try
Modesty is just so hard to find

Miley was helping me doing it.. well.. sort of.. she insisted in wanting to write a song with me so she was the one coming up with the song itself..

I knew exactly what I wanted to do with this song.. I knew exactly what to do with it.. I knew Demi would get it and I hoped she would talk to me about it.. I hoped she would figure out the puzzle pieces and understand that I had feelings for her..

Kissed her for the first time yesterday
Everything I wished that it would be
Suddenly I forgot how to speak
Hopeless, breathless, baby can't you see?

I showed the song to my brothers and they loved it right away.. we started talking about making a new album.. the three of us conscious that it would take a long time until we released it though..

Our lives were pretty much crazy.. we worked all the time but we still tried to find ways to have fun doing it

Being so hung up on Demi gave me the courage to end this madness..

December 19th was the day I broke up with my first lover.. the day I broke her heart..

She didn't accept it well.. in fact, she hated me from that day on.. that was one of the main reasons why me and my brothers ended up leaving the Best of Both Worlds Tour earlier..

On December 23rd we went home to spend Christmas with the family.. I couldn't let any other day pass by.. I had to talk with Demi about what happened..

I pressed the call button and waited for her to answer.. after a few minutes ringing she finally answered making my heart skip a beat

- Hello?

- Hey.. Demi, it's me.. how are you?