Episode 8: Star Warriors, Same Worries

Start from the beginning

Meta Knight quietly stayed at the top of the castle roof. He had too much stuff in his mind. Can it be?! No! It cannot happen! It is impossible! It should not happen! Meta Knight thought. What about him? There was something different about him. But what if my prediction is correct? Meta Knight let out a deep sigh of frustration. He doesn't know what he's feeling, and he wanted to know. To get his mind off of it, he let out a deep relieving breath, again, and started to meditate. He let the cool breeze cool his stuffy head. 

Kirby was walking around the castle with a really perplexed mind. Since he woke up 200 years early, he still needed about 198 more years to mature. But he still doesn't know anything about maturity. But he feels his face burning and heart racing when he's with Meta Knight. "Poyo..." Kirby also doesn't understand what he's feeling. 

"Kirby!" Tiff called from distance.

"Poyo?" Kirby turned to Tiff.

"You... you want some cake?" Tiff asked. She saw what happened with Pooch and wanted to make him feel better.

"Poyo!" Kirby said excitedly and ran towards Tiff to have some cake. 

Tiff passed him a piece of cake, Kirby grabbed a fork, cut of a piece and joyfully put it in his mouth. "Poyo!" 

"I'm glad you like it, Kirby," Tiff said as she watched him eat. She also felt very bad for Kirby losing Pooch by his side. First he lost Peeve the robotic dog, then he lost Chilly the snowman, and now, he lost Pooch the guardian cat. He lost so many friends that he experience enough depression for the year... actually, two years. It's been two years since Kirby came to Cappy Town. 

Of course, everyone in Cappy Town knew about it and were getting prepared for Kirby's second anniversary. This time, they didn't have to worry about not letting Kirby know anything about it; they were going to throw a party openly. So everyone in Cappy Town was openly setting up for second Kirby anniversary.

Tiff knew that she doesn't need to keep the whole thing secret, so she decided to tell him. "Hey, Kirby," Tiff said. "Did you know that it's been two years since you came to Cappy Town?"

"Poyo?" Kirby asked.

"Really, Kirby, we're gonna throw you a party in Cappy Town today," Tiff said. "It's time you have to cool your head after what happened with eNeMeE. You never got a chance to take a day off. So let's just play together today."

"Poyo-poyo!" Kirby cheered. 

"The party will start in the evening, so we have time to play," Tiff said. "Wanna go outside now and get some fresh air?" 

"Poyo, poyo," Kirby was trying to say something.

"Hm? What do you want to do?" Tiff asked.

Kirby looked around, grabbed a pencil and a paper.

"You just want to draw?" Tiff asked. Kirby just kept drawing without answering her. Kirby drew Meta Knight really sloppy, but it was recognizable. He showed it to Tiff and tried to say that he wanted to play with him.

"So, you want to play with Meta Knight too?" Tiff asked.

"Poyo," Kirby answered.

"Well, let's go find him," Tiff said.

********

Meanwhile, Meta Knight was back to his room. He saw his plate covered with pot top. He opened it and saw his unfinished breakfast. "Kirby left it for me even though I said he can have it..." His eyes turned magenta as he said it. He gently took off his mask and started to finish his food. Even he thought that his cooking was not that great, but it's because he's been eating the same type of food for almost 50,000 years; he's just eating for survival. But the image on Kirby enjoying his food kept coming into his mind. He thought about it as he continued to eat. After he was done eating, he washed the dishes and stepped outside.