Chapter V: Disturbance

It took a great deal of horse power to plow through that security door, and even though I had the idea of coming in un-noticed, a loud crash against the wall made that impossible. Despite the ideal in mind, no one mad head way towards me, it was all eyes on the big monitor that was in front on me, surrounded by personnel from across all branches of the NR hierarchy. It was a complex layout of computers that had data files on almost everything that ever was with a giant-like touchscreen tabletop in the center that made the entire globe on it. Around it was high-tech computers that managed, stored and maintain information coming in and out of the headquarter's perimeters, and all those monitors where pointing at the giant one at the back of the room, where the majority of people were. I walked over to ease-drop on the current situation, and right then and there, I started to hear the secondary conversations between commanders alike.

"My God, not this again!" I heard multiple people say.

"I hope this isn't going to be a problem for anyone." another commander said to his friend.

"What is the Northern Raptors going to do about this?" a civilian asked. I was having more than enough information and speculation to make my curiosity and ambition rise past my regular. It was going to be difficult to pass through everyone, but I must in order to get a clear, honest reading from Havelock or Shepard, who should be in front of the pack. I walked over to the outskirts of the group and separate the strays until I got inside, and by then, I started to push people out of the way. These people look like the one's to not be pushed around, but once they saw my face, whatever they were going to say was being halted by my presence, so at least no bitching from them today. I made my way to the front where I saw Shepard and Havelock look up at the screen with a grunt working on the master controls. Havelock looked back and invited me.

"Hey Hunter, get over here!" Havelock ordered. I ran up beside him and asked him about what was going on.

"Hey Havelock, can you give me a sit-rep about what is going on right now?" I questioned. Havelock pointed up at the screen ahead, and I followed his direction. It was a layout of a map: a city, riddled with radar pings all over the area. It was insane; whatever was tripping those notifications was something huge.

"We aren't quite to sure Hunter, you see, that's Fallout City; and it was receiving readings that was off the charts for the pass minute. The man in front of us informed us immediately about this when we were at your early Christmas event, so we came over here to check out what was happening." Havelock explained.

"Yeah, and the weird thing is, this isn't the first time this has happened in Fallout City." Shepard added in.

"Wait, so your telling me that this has happened before, and you guys haven't told me about this?" I started to worry.

"Only 3 times Hunter, and it all started just about a week ago. Originally, I wanted to send you out to Fallout City to check it out when it first started, but I decided to hold back on the operation and see if it was just a minor mistake by the sensors picking up wind or rubble, but we were dead wrong about that." Havelock further explained. "It was a last minute decision, you know, I wasn't ready to send you out just yet: too valuable to lose just yet, so I send a recon team on the second time this has happened, probably 2 days after the first time." Havelock rubbed his eyes.

"Has the recon team showed up at all yet?" I asked.

"This is what scares us: they haven't returned, and they haven't been responding to our radio transmissions and their GPS tracking devices are mysteriously vanished from our maps." Havelock rubbed his neck.

"Well, do you got eyes on Fallout City? If you do, you can just use actual cameras to see what's going on instead of listening to same damn radar pings?" I realized.