You Only Regret It Once It's Over

NOT EDITED 

CHAPTER 10

Previously,

He sat there for at least 10 minutes, "are you going to class or no?" I watched him get up and he pulled his hand out in front me.

I then pondered, I have seen this so many times, especially in movies, should I play it cool, be my own person and play hard to get, or should I take his hand.

..............

I reached my hand out to him and took his rough hands into mine. I was instantly filled with warmth, I pulled my hand right back as soon as I got up. I walked out onto the hallway and waited for him to follow.

I coughed loudly to fill out the silence between us. I started walking towards his next class and noticed he followed quickly right next to me.

I walked past the blue lockers and right at the end of the hallway there was room with a circle window showing stacks of books in a corner and science labs filled with students. Oh no I thought. I just realised I had science too, and the principle probably did this on purpose as I'm his 'buddy'. 

One thing in the world I hated was being late and watching people stare at me in silence and talk about me. I hesitated before a hand pushed the door open and figure walk past me into the room. I slowly walked behind him and gave the teacher the slip the principal gave me.

Our science teacher was a eccentric and a chilled person, she always wore bright colours and makeup, her blonde hair was always up in a bun and her lipstick a red or pink. not only that but she aways had a pearl necklace on to compliment her dress.  

"Okay class we have a new student, surprisingly late as well, I hope you treat him like a friend and show him the ropes around the school." she said loudly to the class.

"I'm Ms Winter, introduce yourself sweetie." she whispered to him.

"Hi, my name is Ewan, I like quiet and being alone, so don't talk to me." he said cooly, girls swooned at him and the guys looked bored with his comment. I rolled my eyes and sat down at the front where there was an empty seat. I knew that being the 'bad boy' Ewan was he wouldn't sit at the front as that would ruin his rep.

"Ewan you can sit next to Emma." I closed my eyes in frustration and cursed my teacher in my head. Ewan plopped down next to me giving me a wink. I looked the other way and shuffled my seat away from his.

"I'm not going to bite you" he leaned over and whispered. I rolled my eyes and pushed him back.

"I've definitely heard that before." I said taking out my textbooks and pencil case neatly laying them in front of me. I heard a tap on the desk and I looked up at him.

"We need to share buddy" he said in a happy tone. 

"Sure, but don't distract me, I'm trying to learn." I looked back to the board and Ms Winter writing an equation and an instructions list.

I took the notes down in a red and black pen highlighting and creating my notes. I diligently numbered them and opened my text book to a page where it had a long list of formulas. 

For while as I wrote and copied the formulas out, solving some along the way, surprisingly I wasn't disturbed and I didn't hear anyone call me, pinch me or talk to me. I was getting a little bit weird, as I glanced over at Ewan's papers, he had already solved the equations and formulas and was now sleeping on my textbook.

Annoyed at him sleeping during class I I kicked his leg to wake him up. "You do know class is fro learning not sleeping, you don't want to kicked out again would you?" I whispered harshly to him, he yawned and laughed before saying " I've done the work, my job is done." he stretched his arms and his neck after his nap. Leaning his back against the chair and his hands on his neck he calmly crossed his legs.

"Right class, I hope you've all completed the work I set on the board, if you haven't then do not fret as you can do that for homework as well as some extra reading on these following pages, 170,175 and 180."

"I hope you can send me some pictures of those pages" I looked at him and rolled my eyes. 

Calm down, just focus on the lesson and the work. I said to myself

"Now the next task we are going to do is an chemical experiment, I want you to carefully read the instructions and the chemicals which are going to be used today, as some of these chemicals are dangerous if they are used wrong." 

......

"NO!"

"DUCK DOWN!" 

"OMG MY HAIR!"

 I heard these voices all at once in my ears, a figure pushed me to the side as I went tumbling down to the ground, the figure hovered above me as his arms were around me, the books fell down, the class room became a mess, everyone was on the ground ducking behind the pods and before I realised it the figure above me protected me from the impact of the explosion.

I gazed at him from the ground, this was the second time he helped me from danger, I questioned him. I questioned his motives. Why was he being so nice to me? Why does he keep on helping me when I don't ask for his help. Ewan's arms were warm, keeping me in a strong hold his eyes shook when he looked at me. I wanted to reply to his question but I couldn't

"Emma. Emma. Emma! Are you okay? Are you hurt?" I shook my head and said no. I got up with the help of his hand holding my arm. "I'm fine Ewan just a little bit light headed"

"Right! Class I understand that there has been this incident where a student has not followed the instructions and mixed the wrong amounts of chemicals. Now I'm going to take some students that have been injured to the nurses office and the rest of you can go home. I will tell the principle of what has happened. In return I want a 2000 word essay of why petrol is becoming a pro and con in modern society." Ms Winter said loudly, I sat in my chair trying to grasp what had happened. 

"here drink some water" In front of me was a water bottle. Ewan packed my stationary into my bag and waited for me to drink my water.  I got up and followed him with my bag in his hand.

I followed him till outside of  the school gates, "I'll go home by myself, thank you though."

"No, I'll take you home, I don't want you to collapse half way from shock or an injury."

"Why are you being so nice to me?! I don't need your help, I'm perfectly fine. I just don't understand, I never asked and you're hovering around me like a fly!" I shouted being completely done with whatever game he was playing I just wanted to go home without the extra baggage.

" I don't want to be in your little game or whatever you're doing, I'm a human being, not a toy for you to play with."

"I'm not playing a game, I'm not that mean. I just want to make sure you're okay" he said moving closer to me, reaching out for my arm I pushed his hand away.

"I'm sorry but I just want to be alone."

I grabbed my bag from his other hand and turned walking away from him.

...................

Thinking about it I realised today had not been that bad, it could have been worse with tears and more drama, but I really think that my quick thinking had worked out for the long term. I stared at the purple ceiling above me as I laid in my bed, with a small cushion in my arm.

I sighed.

I shut my eyes and wished that tomorrow came with peace and people who just left me alone.

________________________________________________________________________________

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE LOVE!!!

I'M SO HAPPY YOU'RE ALL ENJOYING THE CHAPTERS, THANK YOU FOR THE KIND COMMENTS AND LIKES!

I will be updating soon, so look forward to the next chapter as that will have more of Jax.

QUESTION: who do you ship Emma and Jax (JEM) or Emma and Ewan (Emme)?

I'll look forward to your replies!

hugs and kisses

~B.