Quick Thinking

NOT EDITED

Chapter 9

Thinking about it I realised today had not been that bad, it could have been worse with tears and more drama, but I really think that my quick thinking had worked out for the long term. I stared at the purple ceiling above me as I laid in my bed, with a small cushion in my arm.

I sighed.

I shut my eyes and wished that tomorrow came with peace and people who just left me alone.

12 HOURS AGO...

"MUM! I'M GOING TO BE LATE" I shouted from the entrance door, I shook my head counting to 30. Right I'm deffo leaving if she doesn't come in these 3o seconds.

"No! You can't leave just yet, you need to eat, wait a second. I'm coming." she shouted from the kitchen

Urgh! This seriously can't be happening I thought. My hair was a mess today so I wore a baseball cap and I couldn't find my earphones, so that meant I wasn't able to listen to music. I angrily cursed myself.

If I was late that would mean a month detention.

It wasn't the detention that I minded, It was the person who would be carrying out the detentions...

I saw a figure swoop by and drop my a sandwich in my hand and pushed me out of the door, I buckled and said "Thanks for the warning mum!"

"Sorry sweetheart, you're gonna be late, so run" At this point I was so close to saying no shit sherlock but I held it in and power walked to school.

I walked into school and I found my locker. Yes! Surprising many people were still on the corridors and weren't in registration, maybe I'll get away with it.

I didn't see that pest that was usually walking around the corridors looking for either me or the people who got detentions. I shut my locker after stuffing my books into my bag.

I quickly walked with my head down and smiled, I won't be seen. I laughed on the inside. That's what I thought.

'EMMA CLARKE COME TO THE OFFICE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE PLEASE' I heard over the speakers.

I froze in my tracks and winced. Looks like I'll be getting detention after all, how the hell did they know I was late?

I power walked to the office, I took my cap off and greeted the receptionist.

I knocked on the principles office, I heard a deep voice say 'come in'. I took a deep breath and only thought what mess I was in now.

The principles office was plain room with dark burnt brown wood flooring that was constantly kept shiny, a large carved desk was in the middle of the room with a patterned aztec rug underneath, next to the desk was a whole wall of books. That wall really gives you a headache after looking at it for a long time. Opposite the desk were chairs which had a padded cushions.

I opened the door to see an boy with a leather jacket, ribbed jeans and timberlands on with a familiar and annoying face that I don't think I could ever forget.

Oh My Lord!I wished I faked sick and went home instead of coming to the office, I greeted the principle and sat next to the boy who was staring at me with a smug look on his face, oh how I wished I could kick him.

"How's your ankle?" He whispered.

"Is that something your always going to say to me?" I retorted back considering my ankle has been perfectly fine for the past few days.

Before he could reply and say anything I looked at the principle who was typing something down on his computer. I patiently  tried to wait for him to say something to me but all he did was type.