Chapter 51 ~ The Tale [Part 1] ~

Kise paled as the drawing sinked into his mind. It was impossible! The drawing, a man with long black hair stared back at him. He felt as if his own distorted image was looking back at him. He brushed his fingers on the ink drawing. His heart was racing at the shock of what he was seeing. Minato, who sat opposite from him only remained silent, letting him process everything.

"Is this real?" Kise asked, his eyes shrouded by disbelief. "What kind of joke is this?"

He stared at Minato, seeking even the slightest hint of humour from him. But, he found none. All he saw was his furrowed eyebrows and frown intact.

"The woman is one of the Mirai clan's ancestors. Her name was Megumi.." Minato explained. "The man was her lover, Ryouta."

Kise failed to take it seriously. It was too much of a coincidence to be true.  Not only does they have the same name as him and Megumi but, they also look similar to them.

"This scroll has been in our family for more than a hundred generations. This story is known by many in this village and I, myself regrettably admit that..." Minato sighed before looking Kise right in the eyes. "She was the start of the 'Cursed Child'."

"H-How could that be?" Kise still couldn't believe it. "I mean, it can't be true, right? That's superstitious!"

"Mind you, Kise. In older days, curses were real. I don't know about today's modern world but, there were records of unusual events in the family ever since our ancestor was cursed."

Kise sighed, exasperated by what he just heard. He stared back at the drawing. The woman reminded him of the present Megumi.

"Whay happened to them?" Kise, finally starting to let everything sink in, asked.

_______

(In case you guys get confused.. Here are some hints:

* the Megumi and Ryouta in the arc are the ancestors.

*those in BOLD are Minato's narrations a.k.a him telling the story from the scroll.

*those in ITALIC is how the ancertor's story went on according to Author-san's point of view.

*those in normal writing is in the present time.)

Fifth Arc: Cursed Child, the Origin [Part 1]

"Ryouta was the son of a wealthy family. He was to be wedded with the daughter of another wealthy family. What they didn't know was that the family was gaining assistance from a shaman to make the ugly woman beautiful in order to receive more riches from the marriage. Ryouta, although not knowing of the conspiracy, he still refused to marry her because he had no feelings whatsoever with her. He rejected her politely but, she refused to accepted it. In the midst of the night, she sent out assasins to kill him," Minato told Kise the tale, openning the scroll even more to reveal the story written in it. Minato seems to memorize it already, since he didn't even need to read it anymore to know how the story goes.

"Driven by madness and unrequited love, the woman herself followed her servants as they wrecked the household. Ryouta tried to fight but, he was out numbered. He witnessed his siblings and the caretakers being killed right in front of him, as a threat if he refused to marry her. He and his parents managed to escape but, it was not long before the woman found them. With her own hands, she killed his parents. They were far into the mountain forest. Far away from their hometown and what they didn't know was that they already entered the Mirai clan's land."

Minato pointed at the map that was drawn in great detail. The map of the mountains during those times.

"The children of the Mirai clan was able to save Ryouta just in time, along side their faithful companions. The white wolves of the mountains."