Chapter 17 ~ To Move On ~

"Haru-chan was never able to say good-bye to any of us. Dai-chan couldn't accept that she was gone without saying anything to him. He promised to come visit that day but, he never got to talk to her for the last time.." Momoi finished her story, bursting into tears. "W-We knew that time would come but, why did it have to be so sudden!"

Kuroko pulled her into a hug. The rest of the team were silent as their faces turned grim. They never knew that part of Aomine's life. He never told anyone about it. Hearing that from Momoi and seeing her in sorrow like that, pained them.

"I-Is that the reason why he started not going to practice?" Megumi broke the silence. She had tears at the corner of her. She could feel the pain. That regret of not being able to say anything to someone we love at their final moments. She lost her mother that way.

"S-Some time a-after that happened, Dai-chan began to change. He kept trying to find an opponent that's as strong as himself but, everyone else saw him as a monster. No one wanted to play against him anymore.. He gave up on that hope soon after," Momoi said between her sobs.

"He must have felt more guilt in himself because of that.." Kise spoke up.

"He felt that he failed to hold onto Haruhi's words about basketball.." Akashi finally spoke up as well.

"So what are we going to do now, nanodayo?" Midorima pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose.

"Minna.."

"This is one of the reasons why this support group is formed," Hokuto leaned back against the lockers. Her arms crossed on her chest.

"Sensei?"

"Within this group, we support each other. We help each other get up and find a way to find a better version of ourselves.." Hokuto said confidently. All her students nodded and refocused on Momoi.

"What are we going to do now, Momoi-san?" Kuroko asked the pinkette. She pulled away from him and stared at her hands.

"Dai-chan wouldn't want to talk to me right now.."

"Hmm.. But, it's going to get worse if you don't talk to him, Sacchin.."

"Megumi-chan.."

"Eh?"

Momoi looked over to Megumi and held her hands.

"Megumi-chan, please.. I beg you. Can you please talk to him?" Momoi begged.

"But, why Megumicchi?" Kise was puzzled. Megumi haven't told him about what Aomine's mother told her.

"Because among us all.. Mirai is probably the one who can understand him," Akashi answered.

Momoi nodded.

Megumi looked up at Kise. Kise smiled and gave her a nod. Kise remembered what Kasamatsu told him. There are times where Megumi has to go out there on her own. There are things that only she can do.

"I will do my best." Megumi looked back at Momoi.

"We're counting on you, Mirai-san."

_______

Aomine was lying down on the grass under the shades of the sakura tree. He stared up the sky as he always does when he is on the rooftop, skipping practice. He heard the rustling of grass but, he ignored it.

"Satsuki-san told me that you might be here."

Aomine's eyes shot open and he quickly sat up on impulse.

"M-Mirai?"

"May I join you?"

"What?"

"Can I sit with you under that tree?"