Chapter 48 ~ When They're Apart ~

The team all reached their homes safely later that day. Well, all went home except Akashi since he suddenly got a call from his father in Tokyo. Yeah, Kise was surprised to find out that Akashi is actually the heir to one of the majoring business companies in Japan. What surprised him even more was how he got picked up via helicopter at Souma's mansion!

Seriously though, why would the son of an incredibly wealthy family be living in a small town and goes to a school that's all the way in the countryside? Why didn't he go to a private school or something? Maybe even a sport powerhouse?

But, all those questions were kept all to Kise himself. He guessed that the others actually thought of the same questions. Unfortunately, they were aware of Akashi's status since they knew him longer but, none knew the answers to those questions.

_______

Kise walked through the front gate of the Mirai residence. It was quiet. Not even the dojo had any sound of people getting beaten up by Noriko. The front door was unlocked, meaning that someone was home. His heart suddenly longed for Megumi. Could it be..

"Megumicchi!"

He quickly took off his shoes, not even bothering to put them properly into the shoe racks. He dumped his bag near the entrance and half ran to Megumi's room. When he arrived there, he could hear someone arranging things inside. His heart beat increased. It has only been two days, for goodness sakes, and he's already that desperate to see her again.

"Megumicchi.." He opened the door.

His heart dropped. It wasn't her..

"Ah, Kise-kun. Welcome back!" Minako stood up from arranging the books of Megumi's bookshelves and greeted the blond male with a smile.

Kise's hopeful expression fell into a frown.

"Megumi isn't back yet.." He hung his head low.

Minako's smile also wilted. "You were hoping I was Micchan, huh.."

Kise nodded. No words.

"OI!"

Before Kise knew it, he got a double kick in the butt! He fell forward, a few feet from Minako. Two looming figures glared at him from behind, cracking their fists. A murderous aura was erupting.

Kise pulled himself off the floor and turned to see his attackers.

He immediately shrunk at the sight. Kasamatsu looked like he would deliberately kill him. Minato looked like he was going to burn Kise alive.

Kise jawdropped as cold sweat trickled down his face, turning black and white in shock.

Wait, Minato is there?

Okay.. Like.. Umm..

"Kise! What are you doing, sneaking around a girl's room?!" Kasamatsu demanded.

"Poor thing.. Desperate to meet my sister again. Were you going to steal underwear or something?!" Minato stepped forward.

"Eh?" Kise processed the information rather slowly. Until, finally.. "Wahh! NO!!"

Kise cried comical tears. Pouting while frantically waving his arms around to defend himself.

"I will not accept you as my sister's love interest!" Minato pin pointed his finger right at Kise's face.

"Hah?!"

"So, here.." Minato kicked Kasamatsu on the back. He was caught off guard so, he easily fell forward! And guess what? He fell right on top of Kise.

It was Minako's turn to jawdrop. She turned black and white with multiple cracks.

"Y-Yukio!"

Kise and Kasamatsu were in what you would call a rather scandalous position. With Kasamatsu looking as if he crawled onto Kise's chest with their face a thin line away from each other.