Chapter 12 ~ Aomine's Despair ~

Deep in the seas and oceans,

Or up high in the sky,

Doesn't matter where I am,

Because by your side is where I will be..

That sweet voice that still echoes in his head. A voice that is still there but, was gone years ago. The true voice that he will never hear again.

"It still hurts.."

The sky remains to be his favourite sight. The thing that always reminds him of that voice, that lullaby, that person.

"I still miss you.."

_______

"Dai-chan! Go to practice already.." Momoi nagged to Aomine who was leisurely lying down on the school's rooftop.

"Tch, shut up will you, Satsuki.." he said lazily.

"Mou~ you were all fired up the other day! Why are you being like this all over again?" Momoi pouted.

At that, Aomine sat up and looked at her. He always had that lazy look on his face and is only interested in basketball but, his expression at that moment was different. It was a look that only he and Momoi knew the meaning.

"You still ask me that question after all these years?" he said seriously.

Momoi's eyes widened at first but, then it contorted to concern. "Sorry, Dai-chan.."

Aomine let out a heavy sigh and layed down again. He closed his eyes as if to say to Momoi to leave him alone.

Without saying another word, Momoi went down the ladder and went out of the entrance door.

_______

"Get that thing away from Megumicchi!" Kise said as he pulled Megumi away from Hokuto and put an arm around her protectively.

"Eh~ Don't they say all boys are into this kinda thing.." Hokuto raised an eyebrow at him with a teasing grin on her face.

"Kise-kun, what's in the bag?" Megumi tilted her head to the side, looking up at Kise innocently. Kise flinched at the question.

"Ohoho~ Cat got your tongue, Kise-kun?" Hokuto teased.

"Stop it! Megumicchi is still very young and innocent. She can't see such a thing!" Kise covered Megumi's eyes with his arm.

Just then, Momoi walked into the gym. She had a small frown on her face but, she quickly shaked it off as she walked closer to them.

"Momoi-chan~" Hokuto cooed before tackling her in a hug. "Aomine-kun didn't want to come down?"

"Mhm.." Momoi nodded.

Hokuto sensed the difference in her behaviour. As for Megumi, she could tell that Momoi was feeling sad from her voice. She peeled off Kise's arm from her eyes and observed Momoi.

"Hmm, guess it's time to use this to blackmail him!" Hokuto held up the small bag, making the content fall out. Hmm, the only thing can be used to blackmail Aomine would be his porn mags. That's exactly what was in the bag - now they were all on the floor.

"Wahhh!! Megumicchi close your eyes.." Kise panicked.

"Eh, what is it?"

"You're still a child! You can't see it!"

Says the guy who's real childish..

"Cover Kuroko's eyes, Murasakibara.." Akashi said.

Murasakibara put a box of maiubo in front of Kuroko's face. Hmm, doesn't he need to cover his eyes too? He's the most childish one of the lot.