Chapter 4

"Alright class, partner up, grab a tray and a frog, and I'll run you through the dissections!" Mr. Roberts was trying in vain to gain control of the class. Personally, I thought he sounded way to excited to show us how to properly dissect frogs. He probably did it as a past time. It was Thursday already, and sadly, Biology didn't seem to have the perks I thought it would, being partnered up with Scott and all. We hadn't even had partner assignments all week, we had just talked about the frogs and other things we would be dissecting.

      Each pair got their own table, and got out the neccessary tools to slice open a poor, defenseless, very much dead, frog.

      "You get to go grab the frog! Lucky you!" I told Scott. If I wasn't mistaken, this hard-edged football player looked a little green. I looked over at Jack who was gesturing wildly to his partner Jeremy, a sign that he was totally into whatever they were talking about. Jack had this glow about him as he talked, something I had never seen before. Maybe he really liked seeing the insides of frogs.

      Scott came back from the bucket that was at the front of the room, holding a leopard frog by one leg, trying to not let it drip on his neon green Aeropostale t-shirt, that showed off his perfectly toned abs. Oh snap, I was staring. I quickly turned away, and busied myself with the task of opening the tool case.

      *Plop*

      There was a sickening sound as the poor frog was plopped mercilessly into the tray I had already prepped with a paper towel.

      "That is.... Disgusting." Scott looked like he was having some trouble breathing. It did smell, but I kind of pushed it to the back of my mind, and tried to focus on the task at hand. Flirting with Scott. I mean, listening to the teacher.

      I stifled a laugh, thinking that it probably wouldn't be nice to laugh at his queasy stomach. We gathered around Mr. Roberts as he showed us the correct way to slice through the belly of the frog, and what we needed to locate on the inside.

      "Um, this is weird but... I think you're going to have to take the reigns on this one..." Scott admitted, looking sheepish. Really? Football player with a queasy stomach? Interesting, he was a softy on the inside, he hadn't lost it throughout high school.

       "Really? Oh wow! I don't know a single other guy that would admit that." The cheerleaders were over on the other side of the room making retching sounds. What wussies.

      "Oh. Right. Well you know, figured I'd be honest before I hurled everywhere. But just forget I said that." He was going from a shade of green, to a shade of red.

      I laughed at his response, and changed it to (what I thought was) a cute giggle at the end. I was trying to win this guys affection here! Right then I took the plunge. "No, don't worry about it. I think it's kind of... sweet." I'm pretty sure I was blushing now. Did I really just say that?

      He grinned his super sexy smile, and I thought I say a different emotion cross his face for a split second, but I didn't really catch what it was.

      "I'm so glad you think so." He winked.

      Scott winked.

      At ME!

      Oh my gawd. Are we really bonding over a dead frog?

      Ew.

      Crap! I was totally behind! I wasn't even cutting into the frog yet, and Mr. Roberts was already pulling out organs. I looked over at his frog, memorized the incisions, and came back to mine. After murmuring a few apologies to the frog, I quickly cut it open and caught up with Mr. Roberts.