2p Canada//stressssssssssssss part two

Just in case anyone was confused, this is gender neutral. Like all of my fics.

Y/n was walking very, very slowly home.

Why? Because they were scared of what Matt would think of Alfred asking Y/n out. Matt had always been protective over them ever since they were little, and honestly nothing has changed much.

Y/n remembered one time in Kindergarten when they told Matt that a boy gave them a cookie, and the next day Matt punched him in the face.

And that was kindergarten . Who knows what he'd do now.

Y/n suddenly realized that they were approaching their street and their heart sank. They walked even more slowly.

But then something snapped in Y/n's brain.

Matt can't dictate who Y/n dates. So what if he doesn't approve? Y/n could do whatever the fuck Y/n wants.

It's that simple.

So now instead of walking like an elderly turtle, they quickened their pace and held their shoulders back. They may or may not have been smirking also. I mean Alfred Freaking Jones asked them out. And seemed sincere. That doesn't happen to just every girl.

As they approached their house, they saw Matt waiting by the fence, his hockey stick leaning next to him.

Y/n waved and started to open the gate when Matt grabbed their arm suddenly.

"What's got you in such a good mood?" He said nonchalantly. Y/n sighed. They didn't really want to tell him. They wanted their good mood to last.

"Nothin bro." Y/n said and playfully punched him on the shoulder.
Matt took it as a challenge and punched Y/n harder, causing them to stumble. Y/n, being the angst queen (or king) sought it fit to punch Matt so hard that he fell to the ground. But instead of murdering Y/n with his hockey stick, he simply grinned (for once).

"C'mon Y/n you gotta tell me now." Matt (basically) whined.

Y/n rolled their eyes and said,"Fiiiine.. Well you know Alfred right?"
Matt winced. "Yeah..."
Y/n continued,"Well he was staring at me all of pe and at my locker he came by and... asked me out..."
Matt looked shocked and confused. "And you said YES?"
"Uh yeah! Isn't it kinda obvious!"
Matt was starting to look angry.
"I CANT BELIEVE THIS! You decided to fuck around with one of my rivals?? The biggest douche in school??!"
Y/n's face was getting redder.
"First of all Matt I'm not fucking around with him. You know I'm an ace! And second of all he's not a douche he's really sweet.."
Matt was enraged. He grabbed his hockey stick defensively.
"Sweet??? You think he's sweet?! He's the biggest fuckboy in school and has like dated every girl except for you ya know that right? He's dated Elizabeta and Bee. He's obviously just going for a new record or something."
Now it was Y/n's turn to start shouting.
"Eliza and Bee. would have told me if they dated him I know it! The one time a guy asks me out and you're getting on to me? My one chance at a boyfriend and you want me to screw it up?? Are you jealous ?"
Matt went red. But his tone went down and he loosened his grip on the hockey stick.
"Look Y/n I just want to protect you.. I don't want you getting hurt."
Y/n opened the gate and stated harshly,"You're the only one hurting me Matt. Goodbye."
As Y/n walked through the front yard Matt yelled back,"WELL WHEN HE CHEATS ON YOU DONT COME CRYING TO ME!"
But when Y/n got inside, they were already crying.

**timeskip to Saturday WOO**

Matt wasn't seen anywhere for the rest of the week. Even Oliver said he hadn't seen him.