Chapter 51 - In which even house elves betray me

Start from the beginning

All I want to do is figure out what's going on with my powers and then get started with my mission. Obviously I'd want to make a pit stop at Severus Snape's house but I don't really know what I'd do. I mean I have some ideas of where my anger would take me, but I don't know for sure.

"You don't get to judge me," I snap out, as I pull myself out of his grip. To my annoyance as soon as I get my arm free he grabs my other one.

"Yeah you don't get to run away right now. You're going to stay here until you tell me what the hell is going on with you because so help me Lily, I will go to the potions room and take all the vials I find. One of them has got to be truth serum. Let's hope it's the first one I try," George says grimly and I scowl at him.

"No, you don't even get to do that. No scowling. No stalling. I'm sick of you pushing me away like I mean nothing to you," he says icily as he pulls me closer preventing me from trying to escape. I can feel his scarily steady heart rate as my back is pressed against his chest. My own heart can't stop racing as if I'm ready to explode or something.

"Tell me Lily," George says firmly as I screw my eyes shut. I have to be strong. I have to resist all this. I have to make sure I get out of this without putting myself in an even weaker position than I currently am in.

"You don't control me George," I spit out and I immediately regret it, as I'm pushed against the wall. The look in George's eyes is simply livid and I have to give myself a small pep talk to keep his glare steady. His arms trap me on either side and I can feel the anger rolling off him.

"No. I don't. But I'll still keep you here until you tell me what is going on." George's voice is low as he inches his face closer to mine, until our noses brush each other. My knees wobble slightly as his gaze becomes too intense.

"I- You- Stop!" I yell out in frustration as I push him away from me. But he seemed to have prepared for such a situation and remains firmly rooted in his spot.

Growling in frustration I shove his chest again, but again he doesn't budge or flinch. "Move!" I hiss at him, glaring into his nonplussed eyes.

My palms face him causing him to jump back slightly, eyes wide. I use this opportunity to dart out of my small prison but a hand on my wrist stops me yet again from making my escape.

"Were you really going to use your powers against me?" George asks in a small voice, so soft that I instantly feel horrible and my heart shoots up to my throat.

"I- I can't," I say my voice breaking as I blink away the tears that threaten to spill and cause a waterfall.

"I can't use my powers. They've gone. I can't do anything," my voice is miserable as I feel the grip on the my wrist tighten. George doesn't say a word, making me scared.

For as long as I can remember, I've had this part of me. Yes I've hated it, yes I've wished I never had it, but at the same time, it provided me some sort of support that I couldn't get from anything else. It was the only thing I had to remind me of who I am, it was like my connection to my past, my family.

Now it's gone.

A finger slips under my chin, gently lifting it so that my face meets George's. All it takes is one split second look and my barriers all break. A sob escapes, followed by another and another and before I know it, I'm hysterically crying. George immediately responds by wrapping his arms around me and holding me tightly as I just let out my frustration.

We sink to the floor and George cradles me as I try to calm myself down. It takes a while, I eventually manage to stop crying.

"Now, tell me everything. Start from the beginning. The beginning Lily." George says in a firm but kind voice as I accept a glass of water from one of the house elves. I look up at George and sigh.