Chapter Sixteen - In which headless hats mess with my head

DISCLAIMER: SOME DIALOGUE IS TAKEN FROM OOTP AND BELONGS TO JK ROWLING

"Headless Hats!" George shouts to the growing crowd. "Two Galleons each - watch Fred now!"

I watch as Fred beams at the crowd and places the hat on his head. For a second he looks really stupid but then both the hat and his head disappear. I roll my eyes as I hear a few screams. It's a really cool party trick, I'll give them that.

"And off again!" George exclaims as Fred removes the hat revealing his head again. I watch as a ton of students crowd the twins asking for a hat. I'm happy for them both, they deserve every sickle of success they can get. But at the same time, I hate the same group of fourth year girls who pine after him. I'm jealous. I've never had anyone to call mine and so excuse me for being a little possessive. I don't let George know any of this - I don't want to become the clingy girlfriend. So instead I bitterly make comments about the girls that flirt with him.

Harry darts away from George who attempts to put a hat on him and I wish I had his ability to shut out the world. I mean I used to be able to do it but that was before I let in the world and once you've let everything in, it's hard to close the doors again.

"Oh what I wouldn't give to hear your thoughts right now," Ginny says brightly as she sits next to me. I roll my eyes at her as I use my Potions book as a shield for my face.

"I'm thinking about Potions and my next test," I mutter causing her to smile.

"Yeah and that sixth year Genevieve Parrish only asked for a special class on how to use those stupid hats cause she's really interested in the magic behind it," Ginny says causing my blood to boil.

"Genevieve should go speak to Professor Flitwick if she's so interested in bloody Charms," I glare trying to figure out which one she was. Ginny laughs and nods towards the other end of the common room where there was this blonde pretty girl batting her eyelashes at George. Truth be told, she could have been having a normal conversation with him, but all I could see was her pushing her chest up and taking really lame excuses to touch George's arms.

"You know what I think?" I say more to myself than anyone. "They'll get kicked out for all this. They should really stop." I continue, my eyes trained on the two in the corner. How long can a conversation about hats be? I mean all you have to do is put it on and take it off. Hagrid's useless excuse for a dog could probably do it.

"You're really looking out for them after all," Ginny offers with a serious tone but I can tell she's trying to hold back a smile.

"Oh just shut up," I say throwing a cushion at her.

"You're always so cute when you're jealous," Ginny continues causing me to scowl. I hate the fact that she's the only one who knows how much George's posse of fan girls bother me. Any moment she could tease me at the wrong time and then George will know.

"I think I'm going to go work in the library," I say realising sitting here just makes me feel more and more sick. Ginny raises her eyebrows at me and then folds her arms.

"You're so jealous you're leaving?" She says incredulously.

"No," I say through gritted teeth. "This is about the noise level here. I can't concentrate," I say indifferently and it's true. Due to the twins antics the room is filled with noise and laughter and as fifth year student I can't afford any distractions. 

"So you wouldn't care that he's walking this way?" Ginny asks and my eyes widen for a second. Ginny notices and gives me a knowing smile. Did he leave that girl? Is it cause I got up to leave? Did he realise how uncomfortable I was feeling here?