hamliza//hey eliza

"It's been 5 months Eliza, you still haven't got over it?" Angelica Schuyler looked at her sister's helpless face. Month number five since her boyfriend, Alexander Hamilton left her because he needed space. "You'll be okay." Peggy assured her.

Eliza headed back to their apartment. She hugged Peggy and Angelica goodbye before calling a cab through the app on her phone. Eliza knew it was petty to cry over someone for almost 5 months, but she couldn't help it. Somewhere in her heart she knew he wouldn't leave her. Ever.

The young woman got out of the, payed the driver, and said goodbye with the best smile she could put on. She got her keys from her purse before unlocking the door to the house they shared together.

Eliza headed to Alexander's office, got his typewriter. Put some paper on. She wrote poems ever since twi months ago. It keeps her out of all the pains of the world and to let it all out. She started writing,

I could ask you to stay,
But there's really nothing left to say.

This break up has been emotional and long,
But I know I'm strong.

I guess we naturally grew apart,
But it still hurts in my heart.

We went days without speaking or sending a text,
And all I could wonder what was next.

There were times we couldn't look each other in the eye.
How did we get this far, and why did something so special have to die?

As I write this, memories flood me.
They remind of all we used to be.

Even when things we're bad, I never thought this relationship would end.
Our broken hearts I thought we could mend.

Now you've left without a goodbye.
I've got no energy to even cry.

I knew it was over when we started doing things on our own.
You got so distant and I was alone.

I tired getting you to notice that I was still there,
But you made up your mind and didn't care.

There's many nights when you're all that's on my mind.
I hope happiness is what you find.

There are days when I just can't get out of bed.
But "try" is what you always said.

So every day I try to put on a smile.
Even if it's not a real one for a while.

We were together for so many years, so do you ever shed tears?
I know I've got to let you go,

And someday I will,
But mixed emotions are what I feel.

We both made our fair share of mistakes.
It feels like I'm drowning in sadness, anger, and resentment, all in different lakes.

I honestly wish you nothing but the best
As my strength and endurance is put to the test.

Eliza sobbed quietly. She drank her cup of tea and closed her eyes, trying to calm herself down. Suddenly, The  door was being unlocked. Eliza quickly shot her head to the direction, she was still seated in his office chair. Eliza stood up to get a better look of who it was at the door.

Alexander Hamilton.

His facial hair was shaved, his hair was parted in a different direction. Eliza looked at him blankly. "Hey Eliza..." Alexander looked at her. Eliza started to cry, she stood up and covered her mouth. Alexander hugged her. After a while, Eliza picked herself back up, gaining composure. She slapped him across the face, the stinging sound echoing the room.

"You son of a bitch.

You left, you didn't tell me. you didn't hesitate, You ruined it. you ruined everything for us, Alexander. You wanted us to be together. You said yourself you wanted to be with me forever! We could've raised a family during those five months. Do you know how much damage you did to me?! Did you even think about us? Did you think about... Serena?"

Alexander frowned. Being in a relationship for almost four years, they were very much open about the concept of marriage and children, which they both agreed that Serena would be a beautiful name if they had a child. "You, you're...?" Alexander chewed his lip. "No, I was." Eliza faced the wall, looking down on the floor. "What happend?" Alexander said, trying to sound steady. "I got in a fight with Maria. Maria Lewis. in the parking lot. She pushed me, and... I don't want to explain the rest." Eliza shivered at the painful memory.
Alexander pulled Eliza's lips to his. She was hesitant at first, unsure whether to do this or not.  Tears streaming down their faces.

"We could've been a family..."

(Lewis = Reynolds
CREDIT TO THE CREATOR OF THE POEM)