hamliza//never enough

Eliza didn't really think she was able to get the part as a main lead in Romeo and Juliet. She didn't know if she was even capable of going to rehearsals, taking care of her husband, and her part-time job as a waitress.

"Alexander, I'm home." Eliza said as she shut the door behind her. She went inside the room to see Alexander, on his laptop, most probably e-mail - ing George Washington, probably.

Eliza looked at her husband, who was itching to death and bored. "Didn't the dermatologist tell you to put the cream on your chicken pox?" Eliza asked, Alexander shook his head. "I forgot and I don't really need to anymore, I just have one left in my hand." He said flatly. "and I have some news." He then looked at her in the eye from his laptop.

"Oh? Me too." Eliza smiled. "Eliza, what I'm going to tell you is difficult to say." Alexander explained, he was a bit worried. "What is it then? A riddle?" Eliza joked, wanting to lighten the mood. Alexander didn't seem to get the message and continued, "Mr.Washington asked me to be an ambassador to France." Eliza looked at him, perplexed. "What? No!" Eliza yelled. Alexander had a sad look on his face, "I have no choice, love. He already has the flight planned for me and Thomas." 

"When will you be leaving?" Eliza asked. "May 17th." Alexander answered hesitantly. Eliza counted the days, her eyes became a rash expression of disappointment. "That's just five days from now! Why in this moment will you just be telling me this?" Eliza frowned. "I- I don't know." Alexander sighed, scratching his neck. "You don't know?! Oh, like it's normal for your damn husband to leave for Europe for God knows how long!" The lady raged. "Four years." Alexander muttered. "Four years! Four years, Alexander!"

Four slow years.

----

"You seem to be a bit under the weather, Liza." Jeremy told Eliza. Jeremy Warner, he was playing Romeo in the play. "I'm fine, Jeremy. It's just a little empty in my house, lately." Eliza sighed. Jeremy seemed to not get it. "Oh-kay."

Jeremy , over the years, has been comforting Eliza about Alexander. He would bring her Ginger tea often, and sometimes with a Croissant. Let's just say that he was fond of her, as any guy would. They became awfully close, from hands intertwining, arms around each other, friendly kisses on the cheeks and flirting.

While Alexander, was drinking tea and eating croissants alone missing his dear wife. Who seemed to be occupied.

On Eliza's last curtain call, she was thrown roses and was given a large flower bouquet. They held hands and bowed. Eliza smiled at her performance. Oh, how she wished Alexander could see it. She was in awe with the audience until someone grabbed on her waist and kissed her. Eliza didn't have time to think who it was, but... she kissed back.

It was Jeremy whom she was kissing. Eliza pulled away, a bit surprised. But soon a smile plastered on her face, she was happy. She forgot about everything. Her worries, her issues, it was just Eliza, Jeremy and the audience. She kissed him again, feeling the bliss.

And for the first time. . . Alexander felt a single tear rush down his face.