hamliza//we start and end

Alexander looked at her poor wife, sleeping soundly in their bed. It was three in the morning. Alexander sat on his desk and lit a candle. Eliza was a light sleeper and woke up. "Alexander?"

"Elizabeth, go back to sleep. It's still dark out." Alexander said softly, sitting next to her and brushing her hair. "Precisely, it is dark out. Why are you dressed? Will you leave somewhere before dawn?" Eliza asked worriedly. "It is in New Jersey, my love. I'll be back before you wake up in the morning." Alexander told her. "Alexander... I hope this shan't be one of your duels." Eliza frowned. Alexander sighed, how he wish it was not a duel. He'd rather conjure Aaron Burr to strip in front of him than a duel. Either way, Alexander will be killed in the end.

Eliza eventually sighed in defeat. "Fine... I'll go back to sleep. But do make sure you'll be back." She snuggled in the covers and fell asleep within seconds.

Alexander sealed the letter and put it in his pocket. Alexander went to the cabin and gathered his guns. He waited outside the gate as Nathaniel Pendleton's carriage arrived at 3:26 in the morning. The doctor was already there. "Alexander." Nathaniel greeted as Alexander entered the carriage. "Nathaniel, doctor." He smiled nervously. "I sense you're nervousness." Nathaniel said. Alexander was fidgeting with his legs. "No kidding." The doctor mumbled. They arrived in New Jersey. Aaron Burr was with his second, William P. Van Ness.

1...Alexander drew first position. He knew Burr was a terrible shooter. He heard discussions about his men will be shooting. 2....

3... 4... 5... 6... Alexander saw Burr shakily put his gun front of him. "Burr... are you sure about this?" Alexander said. They were seven feet away from each other. 7... 8...

Burr felt sudden guilt rush upon him. "What if..." Aaron glanced at his men, already in target for Alexander. Now that he thought about it... it was childish. The whole situation was small. It was plain hate about how he was disrespected, like how children want respect from their parents.

9... one second left. Alexander knew Burr was thinking. Goodbye my love....

10... "Wait!" Too late. Alexander was shot right above his limb. "You fool!" Burr yelled. His gun was pointed at him but he didn't shoot. Burr ran to Hamilton's bleeding body but he was ushered away. He sorely yelled at his men. He went to bar back in New York and got a drink.
The men inside the bar rushed outside, wailing. The bartender noticed Burr didn't go. "Why don't you see Secretary Hamilton, Sir Vice President?"

Burr did not answer.

-

Two months after the incident, Eliza was slowing accepting the death, it was hard, but she was currently raising funds in New York, with Angelica.

Eliza put the food down the table. "I still can not believe you don't want to end his life, Eliza." Angelica said, referring to Burr. "Everyone deserves a second chance, sister." Eliza said. "You believe that? After him murdering your husband?!" Angelica slammed her hands on the dining table. "I do not want to discuss this right now, Angelica." Eliza said coolly. "Eliza, that man deserves treason!" Angelica roared. "Do not control me, sister! Killing is never the answer! Why do you act like you loved him for for more than two decades?!" Eliza questioned harshly. "I-" Angelica can't find words. "Well?" Eliza asked. "You did have an affair with him did you?" Eliza said, tears coming up. Angelica sighed. "It was in 1781." Angelica confessed. "How dare you not tell me? You only told me now?" And Eliza took a walk around the city.

Eliza strolled in the streets peacefully until she came across the same hang out place Alexander used to go. When she looked, she saw Aaron Burr.

"Aaron Burr, sir." Eliza tapped on his shoulder. "Ms.Eliza, what a surprise." Burr awkwardly smiled, imagine, talking to the wife of the man you killed.

"I want to apologise." Burr started. "Whatever for?" Eliza frowned. "You know very well for what." He replied, his voice filled with sorrow. "Oh, Burr.." Eliza patted him on the shoulder. "Don't apologise. Why don't you just help me? Help me save Alexander's legacy." Eliza said. "It's the most you can do."

"That would be nice."