Little Poet.

a thought can turn sour in an instant.

one bad event, a single thought, can ruin

the memory of one you love.

Alec was sitting upon the rooftop with his legs dangling, a scrap book in his hands and a pen twirling in his fingertips. A loud sigh left his lips. He knew he had done something wrong. 

Jace was his parabatai, his brother. How could he have kissed him? But he had done. Not out of love, or out of spite - but to see what the connection between them would feel like. They felt some of each others emotions, lost a part of themselves if the other died. So how would it be if they were very close?

The answer wasn't what he had expected.

Alec had expected a fullness, a satisfaction with the act but in turn came nothing but regret. Not because they had kisses, but because Magnus had seen them.

Writing poetry was something he had loved doing. But this evening, with the sun setting over the horizon, pen came to paper and destroyed  him. 

The poem was not one of love, or curiousity  but one of regret. It was a change from his usual dribbles of words placed awkwardly together. It stung to write. Painful to read. 

He hated that Magnus had seen them. He couldn't say why, Magnus and him... they could never be. He was a downworlder, a warlock. It was never to be. Even if he wanted it to be. He knew Magnus had wanted him that way, of course he did they were openly flirting at every given opportunity. They attended some parties together, Magnus even helped all of the shadowhunters repeatedly with spells at Alec's request.

Another sigh left his lips. 

He wanted Magnus.

The door from behind him creaked and a man with golden hair joined him on the roof edge, feet dangling. They didn't speak, they didn't have too. The kiss wasn't one of love but inquisitiveness. An eagerness to find out if it would be possible, but it wasn't. Alec had imagined his first kiss to be amazing, fireworks and all. 

Disappointing was the word. 

Maybe a kiss with the beloved warlock would have been different, or maybe this was how kissing just was and he would have to learn how to deal with the fact it was nothing like he had expected. 

A moment or two past and Jace finally pepped up. "I think you should talk to him." 

"He won't talk to me. Not after.." Alec trailed off. They both knew what he would have said, but saying it felt awkward.

Jace shook his head and put and arm around his brother. 

"I'm sure you'll both work it out. And when you do."

Jace paused and waited for Alec and his big blue eyes to look up at him. 

"It'll be the best thing ever."

- - - -

Hey guys!! Sorry this one is so short, and kinda sad. The next update should be the outfit smut from the previous update. ;) put your notifications on and get ready!

I wrote the poem at the beginning of this piece so copyright to me i guess!! It's titled bitter blossoms. 

Please remember to comment and vote!♥

ilyall. 

robs;