Chapter 13 - James vs Tom: Fight!

Bắt đầu từ đầu

*****

The pack's Enforcers, with Zane and Katya helping, had been searching for two days for the rogue but as of now they hadn't found anything. It was literally like he had vanished off the surface of the earth. It actually wasn't that hard to do. Have some camping supplies, drive outside the area he was impacting on and find a place to park and camp for a few days. Even with all the wolves and cats looking there was simply to much area to go through to find him. They could check the obvious places and even the mostly likely for a rogue to be hiding but it was simply going to take time.

It wasn't time he had to spend down here and away from his pack. A week or two wasn't a problem, three weeks was starting to stretch it. Even with going back to the pack with the two times he had, Melody was overloaded with work. There were also some things which only he or Kat could do. He couldn't keep fiddling his thumbs. He finally asked to borrow Mike's office again and made a call to Adam. Once it was picked up and the greeting was over Zane spoke, "Adam, unless you tell me otherwise I'm going to come back up. Kat and I aren't of a great deal of use down here. All we would be doing is acting as two more wolves. More dominant than most but just two more wolves. On top of that we aren't familiar with the territory. It has been long enough I would have to learn a number of things I didn't since I went to the Academy so young. Kat isn't familiar at all with anything but the close territory and even that would be sketchy. What do you want us to do?"

Adam nodded, "You were mostly down to give a hand with the Rogue turned, so if they are doing well, even if the Rogue is still at large, come back. Tala and Tommy have been trying to give a hand with your paperwork, but still it is piling up for you." He didn't have a problem with them helping find, but the local wolves would be better at it, even if they were lower ranked.

He leaned back in the chair, "I know Adam, it's just this is a personal attack aimed at me. That is frustrating and very irritating. My wolf keeps wanting to chew on something. We've been working with David and Leon but it is difficult due to our relationship. David is having some issues since he really isn't wolf material. Part of it is he is used to being in charge and has problems with authority. I don't think he or Leon will ever join the pack. It would require to much of a change in their thinking. Leon might be able to but David? I just don't see it. I figure I'll have a talk with him and then head back up. The ADA Adalia and the rest of the pack can help and take care of." He could feel his rage simmering in the back of his mind as they were talking.

Adam smiled, "Why not go for a hunt with your uncle; it should help you calm down and give your wolf something to bite, before you talk to David. Beyond that, I think that the pack should be able to handle it. If David can't stand being in a pack, it is his choice to leave. Beyond that, it is outside your control."

"Maybe. I'll let you go and we'll be back in a couple of days. I want to take a few more days just in case and then fly back up. Give me two days and if nothing shows we'll be back. Later Adam." He hung up and after staring at the map of the territory sighed and left. Maybe later he would look at the larger map which documented each pack/pride territory and see if anything came to mind.

Once Zane had made his decision he collected Kat and Alonya, she had come down this time, and headed to lunch. He'd see about a hunt later. When he sat down he was surprised when David, Leon, and their roommates settled down as well. He gave them a polite nod as he was glaring at some documents he had with him, "Afternoon." It was obvious he wasn't in a good mood.

Leon glanced at Zane and grumbled, "It's really annoying watching David losing weight and all that stuff. How long until I can consider being changed? I don't want to even consider growing older and leaving him without me." They had discussed the mating bite and had completed it several days after David had woken up. They had talked with Beth and the Alpha and Luna before they completed it.