Twenty-Six

Third Person P.O.V

At exactly seven am sharp, Blaise was dressed and out of the house. It was finally his big court day and he was very excited if not a little nervous. When he left he had kissed Draco and the baby bump goodbye but was careful not to wake him. Draco hadn't slept very well due to the baby's activity. They just wouldn't settle so Draco was up for most of the night and it wasn't until the early hours of the morning he finally fell asleep.

However, an hour after Blaise left, Draco woke up. He didn't know why but he felt incredibly odd. He groaned and rolled out of bed, waddling out of his room. He winced a bit, feeling discomfort as he walked towards the stairs. He walked down the stairs and into his kitchen where his mum was.

"Hi honey, what's the matter?" Narcissa asked and Draco shrugged.

"Just feeling weird. Didn't get much sleep cause the baby was kicking too much." He mentioned and she raised an eyebrow at him.

"Hmm are you feeling any discomfort?" She asked and he nodded. "Any pain?"

"No, just discomfort." He said but as he did so, he felt a sharp pain just below his belly button. He winced and scrunched up his face. "Never mind."

"Draco love." Narcissa started with a slight smile. "I believe you're in the early stages of labor." She told him and he blanched. He looked at her with such horror that she made him sit. "Hey don't panic, you're gonna be okay." She assured. "We don't have to rush to the hospital just yet, let me know if the contractions become more frequent."

"M-mum." He stuttered. "I'm really scared." He admitted and Narcissa gave him a warm smile. She patted his head and then kissed the top of it.

"Don't be baby, it's going to be just fine. I will be here for you every step of the way." She patted his shoulder and he nodded taking a deep breath. He was concerned that his water hadn't broke but decided to put a pin in it and not worry about that just yet. He took one deep breath before letting it out and standing up.

"Okay so far there's nothing, are you sure this could be it?" He asked and at that moment, that's when he felt the rush of water spill from him. He gasped and looked down, alarmed.

"Oh I'm definitely sure." She told him and then smiled warmly. "Go ahead and change your clothes. We'll head to the hospital once your labor progresses."

He went up and did what he was told but his labor progressed faster than Narcissa anticipated. Draco's contractions started increasing and he was pretty much a puddle of tears.

"It hurts mama." He sobbed and then winced as she wiped his eyes.

"I know. Come on, get in the car." She opened the door to the garage and then the car door, helping him get in. He winced as another contraction laced through his abdomen.

"Gosh, this so painful." He gasped.

"I know it is sweetheart. Just breathe and I'll try to call Blaise, okay?" Her phone connected to the Bluetooth in the car and she dialed Blaise's number. It didn't even ring, just went to straight to voicemail indicating it was off. "Okay, I'll try your father." She said as she pulled out of the garage. As she started down the road, she rang Lucius and that went straight to voicemail as well.

"T-they're not answering." Draco cried.

"They're in court. We'll try again in a few minutes." She told him. "I'll call Blaise's mum and tell her to meet us at the hospital."