Fifteen

Blaise's P.O.V

Draco wasn't feeling well enough to attend school one morning so I decided to stay back with him so his parents didn't need to miss work. Usually he'd be able to stay by himself but because he was pregnant, I thought it'd be best that someone kept an eye on him. Plus I was pretty much run down from working and school and the parenting class that I needed a break.

I was sitting on the sofa with the recliner out as Draco's head was in my lap as he lied on his side. We were watching a film as I gently rubbed his belly. He said he was just feeling a bit tired and worn down so it wasn't anything too serious.

"Blaise, can you do me a favor?" He asked and I hummed in answering. "Can you get me some tea please? And maybe something to eat? I'm a bit hungry."

"Yeah sure." I kissed his head and he sat up a bit allowing me to get off the couch. Once I did, he curled up on the arm of the sofa watching the film.

I wandered into the kitchen and over to the kettle to put some water in it. After that, I put it on the stove to warm up before going into the fridge to get some apple sauce.

When the kettle went off, I got the tea and a mug before returning to Draco. He smiled when he saw me and sat up.

"Guess what." He told me and I furrowed my brow.

"What?" I asked and he gave me this wide grin.

"I felt the baby move." He told me and I gasped nearly dropping the mug.

"What?" He took the items from me and placed them on the table. He grabbed my hand and gently put it on his belly just above his belly button.

"I know you can't feel it just yet but it's right here." He told me with a smile. "It's like he's got the hiccups." He giggled.

"Oh honeybee." I pulled my hand away and kissed his lips. "That's fantastic. Our baby is growing." I said.

"We've got like four and a half months left... then we'll have a real life human." He said and then his eyes started to water. I knew he wasn't upset but happy so I just smiled and rubbed my nose against his.

"I'm so proud of you Draco, you're doing so well growing our child." I told him and he sniffled bringing me down for a kiss. I did and when we pulled, we resumed our position from before except he sat up so he could eat. He had his head on my shoulder as I had an arm around him.

Not long after he ate, he fell asleep so I just gently placed him in my lap before kissing his forehead. He looked peaceful and I grinned knowing that for now, he was but sometimes that doesn't last.

~~~

It started one Thursday morning when Draco got caught in the hallway by a few people. As we said, there were people that were supportive of us but not everyone.

He had been alone when he was cornered by a few people older than us. They called him names and told him that I was disgusted by him. That I was only with him because he was pregnant and once the baby was born, I'd leave him. And take the baby with me.

He wouldn't have usually listened to him but his hormones got the best of him and he secluded himself into our hideout. I only found out that he wasn't going to classes from Hermione when she asked me if I had seen him. When I found him, he was hysterical and he even got a good slap in so I had to diffuse the situation. I picked him up and took him to the nurse until he calmed down. Once he did, he just looked so miserable.