{20} Talk To Me

3rd Person POV

Back at the office, Yo-Yo asked, "What the hell is going on?"

"My thoughts exactly." Stuart said dialing Ivy's number. Putting his phone, by his ear, his call went straight to voicemail, "Ivy Ramirez here, sorry I missed your call, leave me a message, and I'll try to get back to you."

"Damn." Stuart said trying to call her again. His legs were going up and down. He puts his hand going through his hair. "Can you guys try calling her? She's not answering me."

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Lyle explained. "Maybe, she just wants some space."

Stuart replied looking at Lyle, "I want her to tell me that. I would've understood. And besides, I'm her boyfriend, and I want to be there to know what's going on. She didn't even tell me."

"We were so happy last night and I don't know what's wrong." Stuart sighed. "How come she won't tell me? Why does Ivy wanna break up? What the hell happened?"

Lyle clears his throat, "Marielena told me."

"What? What is it?" Stuart asked as himself and Yo-Yo were looking at Lyle

Lyle gulped nervously and said, "It's about Ivy's mother. Her mother died a couple of nights ago. Ivy got a call from her mom's lawyer yesterday."

"So, that's why she was off." Yo-Yo said in realization. "Shit."

Stuart leans back in his chair and sighed, "And she regretted that she didn't get to say goodbye to her mom."

Yo-Yo clinched his eyebrows and asked, "Wait, hold on, Graham mentioned something to Ivy. Something about an offer?"

"Yeah, I thought I was a deaf for a second. What offer did he give her?" Lyle asked curiously

Stuart replied, "Yeah, we can't just torture Graham and tell us what he offered her. On second thought, that sounds like a pretty good idea."

"Please, don't." Lyle replied. "I could just ask Marielena."

Stuart got up from his seat and said, "I'll find out myself, all right? I'm going over to her apartment."

"Okay, update us, all right?" Lyle asked then Stuart replied, "Okay."

Stuart said to himself trying to dial Ivy's number, "Come on, baby, talk to me."

---

Ivy's Outfit:

Back at her apartment, she sits on the couch of the living room, talking to her aunt on the phone

"I'm okay, Tia. I swear on my heels and pearls. I'm fine." Ivy said to her

Marielena replied, "Lyle told me that you walked out and literally snapped at Stuart."

She continued, "He also told me that you guys broke up."