The one with the special day

Start from the beginning

"Oh ok, well I just wanted you to know that I landed in LA with some of Kaitlyn's friends and they're all awkwardly sitting in my living room," she said.

"Oh well, ask them about college or something or play a movie or just let them explore LA," I laughed.

"Ok I'll just let them leave," Hailee said. I heard her tell the college kids that they could leave and go out to explore but that they had to be back by 7 for Kaitlyn's party. She came back to the phone and sighed.

"You good?" I asked.

"Taking care of college kids is hard," she whined.

"Alright, so can you take care of Selena and Karlie throughout the day, like have them at your house," I half asked, half said.

"Yes of course," Hailee said. I could feel her teenage eyes rolling around in their sockets as she spoke.

"Don't roll your eyes," I said.

"How'd you know?" Hailee asked.

"I have a little sister you know," I said.

"Whatever," Hailee said. "Are you just going to let Kaitlyn sleep until the party?"

"No, but she didn't get to bed until really late last night and I don't want her to be tired during tonight so I'm letting her sleep now," I explained.

"Ok well make sure she's ready in an hour because I'm taking her out," Hailee said.

"Ok, you might have to get her out of bed when you get here," I laughed, looking down at the sleeping body next to me.

"I'll do it if I have to," Hailee giggled.

"I'll talk to you later Hailee, text me when people start getting to your place," I said.

"Ok see you in like 45 minutes, and make sure Kaitlyn opens the door for me," Hailee said. We hung up the call and I called Ed. He picked up right as Milli got onto the bed and slung herself over Kaitlyn's side. She started licking Kaitlyn's face and I took a video because Kaitlyn was going to be amusing.

"Milli," she whined, pulling the dog into her stomach. Milli managed to wriggle out of Kaitlyn's grasp and she jumped up to Kaitlyn's face and started licking her again. "You want food?" Kaitlyn asked as Farley jumps onto the bed and starts nudging Kaitlyn's back. "Ok I'm getting your food chill," Kaitlyn groans, pushing Farley away and picking up Milli. She reluctantly got out of bed and walked down the hall.

Kaitlyn's POV

I feel something on my foot as I walk to the cabinet with the dog food in it. I look down and see Meredith at my feet.

"Hey Mere," I said, putting Milli on the ground. I watch as Mere chases Milli around as I refill the dog bowls. Milli starts whining as she hides between my legs. I kick Meredith away as I finish with the food and put it back in the cabinet. I pick up Milli as I fill the water bowls. I heard Meredith hiss at Farley as the poor dog went to eat. "Be nice," I kicked at the cat and she sulked away. I put Milli on the ground in front of her bowl and she, along with Farley, feasted.

I filled Meredith's food next since it was empty and put it away from the dogs' bowls. As I put Meredith's bowl down on the other side of the room, there was a knock at the door. I ran to get it and opened the door.

"Happy birthday Kaitlyn!" Hailee screamed, glitter bombing me. I closed my eyes and spit out some glitter before opening them again. As soon as I opened my eyes, Hailee pulled out her phone for a picture. I smiled for the camera since I knew she was going to be posting the picture whether I looked good or not so I figure, best to look good.