Uta (Tokyo Ghoul)

Start from the beginning

Uta stroked the deer's nose and took Y/N's hand in his making sure she was engaging in the actual activity instead of wallowing in a pit.

"Look aren't they cute? Don't they make you happy?" Uta stared at her seeing if he could spot a slight twinge of a smile.

"I bet you, deer don't have to date. They just mate. I hope I've been good enough to be reborn as a deer."

Nothing. However, he wouldn't be defeated.

+

Uta turned out to do all the paddling but, he didn't mind. His legs bobbed up and down as they slowly drifted past all the sakura trees. Y/N stared at the petals as they fell into the water.

"This is fun, right? Who doesn't love this beautiful scenery." Uta's cheeks hurt from all the grins he was giving her. In some point in time during the ride, they started looking less genuine and more creepy.

"Maybe I should be reborn as this water instead."

He would not give up.

+

They've gone to the deer park, paddle boating, to the aquarium, flower viewing along the river, and he even took her to eat ice cream. Still, she lacked any reaction at all and gave no expression to the camera when they took pictures. However, he learned she wanted to be reborn into a countless amount of things. Uta's disappointed eyes hid under the dark lenses of his glasses. He quickly straightened up when they entered the flower park. This was sure to earn at least one smile. It was one smile that he needed.

+

Sadly, they reached the final attraction which was an orchestra of hanging flowers and a wisteria tree. Still, she showed no sign of enjoyment. Uta began to feel impatient and very much humiliated. He spent a whole day with her and all he wanted was one smile. He took her everywhere. All the places she loves and all the places she longed to see but, she couldn't even smile for him. Y/N turned around to meet Uta's monotone face. He let out a defeated sigh.

"You know Y/N? I really tried today but, it obviously looks like you didn't like any of it."

"Uta-"

"I think we should go our separate ways for tonight. See you later Y/N."

+

Y/N felt horrible. She knew she was in the wrong and she knew she had to fix it.

"I can be a real bitch sometimes." She mumbled. She walked quickly towards his shop. Bumping into a few people on the way.

"Oi, Y/N is that really you?" Y/N swallowed hard and slowly turned around. "Long time no see, Yuto." Her voice didn't waiver but, her eyes weren't as piercing and they usually were. They looked idled and a little disoriented. He smiled. "That's all the welcome I get?" He stroked his chin cocking his head forward a bit. "That's all the welcome you deserve, now, if you wouldn't mind, I've got somewhere to be." In a slight moment, something sped past her face just inches away from her neck. She gulped. "Wow, I still see you're putting your kagune to good use." He shrugged. "And I can see you still don't have one. You've got the eyes but, still lack the ability. You get even more tragic each time I see you." Y/N slightly pushed his kagune away. "Tragic? Really? Since I've seen you I can promise you I've filled out a lot more." She smiled. Y/N was one not to hold her tongue. "Still the same cocky skank I knew years ago." "As for you, I can see you're the same bastard meathead I knew all too well." Her mouth was moving at a rapid speed and right now it seemed that insults were her only defense. A ghoul with no kagune could be compared to a cupcake with no icing. Very rare but, undesired. Sure, she had the eyes but she lacked in the most important thing, the weapon. She could tough it out fine against a human but, against any other ghoul, she was no match. She evaded his first attack but, his second pierced right through her leg. "Damn. sadistic twit." She pressed down on the gash, or more like a hole. It wasn't healing as quickly meaning she would have to contradict his sadism with some temporary masochism because she was sure gonna have to grin and bear it. Enduring her injured leg she ran getting closer and closer to the cafe and even closer to the mask shop where she can let the real ghouls of Tokyo deal with him. She was persistent but, Yuto was growing less patient and he was losing interest quickly. It took little effort to pin her legs down just like a voodoo doll. Limp and helpless. Y/N gritted her teeth and stopped resisting. She was done for now. No legs and no way to fight back. "You know I'm gonna kill you right?" Y/N propped up her head with her elbow and placed her head in her palm. She shrugged her shoulders and smirked "Might as well go out in class. I might be able to pick up a coroner."

+

Uta slouched a little in his stool. He clutched the end of his seat in between his thighs and leaned in closer to the table. He couldn't focus. He had already spent most of his time twisting around his couch, bed, and desk trying to find the most comfortable position. He took a seat on the floor next to the sewing machine. "Maybe I need more empty space to release my creativity?" His voice went against the gears of the AC. He sat cross-legged, extended his legs, and even squatted. All this just made him feel even more restless. "Maybe I just need some air." Uta stood up and dusted himself off. His jacket sagged a little off his shoulder as he jogged towards the cafe. He halted. He began to follow a trail of blood running away from an alley. It wasn't odd to see this much blood considering the ghoul to human ratio in the 4th ward. Still, the alley wasn't much of a popular snacking spot. His eyes trailed upwards to meet with Y/N's. "Y/N-"

"Uta! What a surprise! As you can see I'm in a very excruciatingly painful situation." Her laugh was watery and her eyes scrunched up each time Yuto moved.

"First come first serve, as you can see this is my meal." Yuto waved Uta off but, he didn't budge. Uta only gave him a wide grin and drew his hands sharply through him. "I don't tolerate this type of behavior around my shop." Uta threw his body to the side ripping the kagune out of Y/N's legs. "Could've done that a little slower?" She grimaced as she turned her body around leaning her weight into the wall. Uta crouched down a little and draped her arm around his neck. "Have you regenerated enough?" He looked down at her legs which were still pumping out gallons of blood. He still adverted her eyes. Y/N sighed and cleared her throat forcing him to look at her.

"Look I'm sorry. About today. That was really petty of me to whine around like that and I'm really sorry. To be honest you did so much for me today and I guess you honestly deserve a lot. She inched her face closer to his and for a moment there, all their thoughts and everything else in the world were nothing but an accessory. Blocking the alley and the scene a cab drove past them. The two stood staring at each other for a minute. Uta instructed her to jump on his back. "It'll be a mess if you tried going home on your own."

+

Uta trudged past his display of masks and sat blissfully on his couch. He opted for a cup of coffee but, he was in too much of a daze to actually drink it. Instead, he formed small waves as he swirled the spoon around the cup making a tiny whirlpool. The bell on his door rung and a loud crash was heard as the door made contact with the wall.

"Wake up Uta! We're gonna have a super duper fun day!" Y/N stumbled into the shop already dressed and ready to go. Uta's face tilted to the side a bit in confusion.

"What's the occasion?" He asked. Y/N sighed and shook her head back and forth also pinching the bridge of her nose. "This won't do one bit." She hoisted him up and threw him a pair of shoes she found by his stool. He put them on.

"It's a couple thing to have fun and do stupid things. Of course, we have to do it also." Y/N smiled at him and frolicked towards the door.