Chapter 8- Tell Me Why

Start from the beginning

"Instead of throwing this tantrum, let's go and find her," Poseidon suggested. I glared at him.

"And how do you suppose we do that? She could be anywhere! It's like finding a needle in a haystack! I won't be able to find her anymore, remember?!" I hissed.

Both Poseidon and Hades paled.

"We can try," Hades said.

I wiped my face with my hand. Then, I closed my eyes and prayed for patience. I also prayed that Hera was safe. She rarely left Olympus and she wasn't accustomed to the mortal world and how much it has changed over the years. She doesn't know anything about the latest technology.

My blood felt like it froze inside my veins at the thought of her in the mortal world. She'd be even more vulnerable there because of her condition and her ignorance!

"We'll go find her," Ares said as he walked over to us.

"I'll help," Athena offered. Artemis also nodded. Apollo, Hermes, Eros, Thanatos, Aurea, Aidon, Demeter, Hercules, Dionysus and the others also voiced their willingness to search for my queen.

My throat tightened and I could only nod.

"We'll split up so we can cover more ground. Where could Hera go? What's her most favourite place in the mortal realm?"

The answer to that was easy. She loved going to Scotland. She loved to tease me about how she liked their fierce highlanders, their gigantic castles, their culture and so much more

"Scotland," I answered with a rough voice.

I frowned when several people gasped. Hephaestus shook his head.

"What?" I asked.

"Mother loved Scotland about four-hundred years ago. She hates it now because one of your mistresses was from Scotland. She was the King's daughter and you took her," he said in a flat tone.

I felt as though I was punched in the chest. I resisted the urge to lift my hand and rub at the sore spot. That was already four-hundred years ago?

"Venice?"

Poseidon shook his head.

"Paris?" I tried once more.

"Rio de Janeiro?" I was getting angrier with every answer. Once more, my lightning lit up the dark skies.

Hades sighed. "Brother, for the past three or four hundred years, Hera has never left Olympus, except for those times she caught you. You've had lovers on almost every city. And she never wanted to go there anymore. She didn't want to see your women or your children. She didn't want to curse more of your women. She just grew tired and preferred to stay alone."

This was a stronger punch to the gut. If I wasn't holding on to the rock, I would have fallen.

I had no idea that her life was like this...

This was all my fault. This was what I did to her.

I wasn't able to speak for a long time but still, I felt everyone's eyes on me. Then, Poseidon cleared his throat. I heard him assigning which god or goddess goes where to help search but it was as if I can't comprehend anything.

I was still stuck with what I found out about my queen. Also, my heart ached because I no longer knew her anymore. I don't know where she liked to go, what she liked to eat, what she loved to do!

It's like we're worlds apart and I didn't even notice...

Before, I knew all these and made sure she got the best of everything... But we drifted apart and it was my fault. All mine.