11

***2 Years after the incident ***

Yoongi's POV
There she goes again.

Walking on the sidewalk towards her restaurant.

I never really did run away from her.

I mean I did stay away from her. Because I felt like I was wrong for her.

Because I felt like I just made her life a mess.

If only she had any idea what she does to me.

It all started when she touched the scar on my cheek after my fit.

FLASHBACK
"Owww! I'm trying to help you here, dumbass!"

"What did you call me?!"

"I called you dumbass. Why would you do this to yourself?"

I smile at that memory of the beautiful girl I had kidnapped.
END OF FLASHBACK

Her touch made my heart skip a beat. Something I have never even felt before. She is just this kindhearted girl. She's so brave, technically facing the world alone. Yet, she's so sensitive and wanted love. I admire her for that. And not just that. She actually understands me. She never judged me for what I have done to her. After knowing about Avery, she then understood everything.

She protected me from her father despite everything.

She just understood.

I was ready to give her back to her father that day. I was sure I was going to die. But everything happened so fast. One second, she was in front of me, telling her father not to shoot me, the next second, her father was shot right in the head. My first motive was to protect her.

But protecting her from all those gunshots wasn't enough. Because in reality, I wasn't able to protect her from the lingering pain that she was to face. Her father died right in front of her. I knew she was going to hurt. And the worst thing for me, is I felt guilty. I still feel guilty. What if I never kidnapped her?

That's why after she was brought to the hospital, I tried to find every chance to visit her. I tried my best not to touch her peaceful face. I wanted to just run away from her, so that I won't remind her of the painful things that have happened to her. On the last night that I decided to visit her, she woke up while I was watching her.

I wanted to run away from there. I felt so ashamed of myself. I felt so embarrassed.

I took a step backward, but she got ahold of my wrist. She looked at me with her beautiful eyes, with tears in them. Yes. I am hurting her. After seeing the look in her eyes, that's when I decided to just stay away from her despite the feelings that I feel when I'm near her.

2 years ago, I wanted to run away from her. So I decided to go to Japan and remake the person I was.

But then a year ago, when I accidentally cut myself, I remembered the girl who once put bandages around my bleeding hands.

Not knowing that, she actually also slowly mended my broken heart.

The next morning after that, I took a plane and went back to her.

When I saw her, the feelings all came back. But being the coward I am, I decided not to show her myself yet.

I have been secretly watching her for 5 months now. She has really grown. She now owns 8 of the most popular restaurants in the city. And she's a rising star with her growing business. In fact, she'll be opening a new restaurant uptown next week, and I want appear then.

I think I'm ready to be with the girl I accidentally fell for.