07

After a while, he finally pulled away when we both really needed air. He stepped back a little, putting his hand on his head and scratching it like an awkward teenage boy.

I was ready to go upstairs back to where I was supposed to be in, when he grabbed my arm.

"Maseyo. Can you sleep in my room tonight?"

I just nodded my head, not hesitating at all.

I almost let out a chuckle when I got to his "room" it was the same fucking thing with mine.

Nothing but a mattress on the floor, only his space seemed a little smaller since he had a brown piano at the corner of the room.

I sat on his mattress first admiring the wooden material of the piano. He handed me a shirt and a pair of pajamas. Probably Beatrice's. He then went out of the door to change himself.

"I have noticed that scar of your on your arm when I kidnapped you before. Can I ask what happened?"

I froze.

That scar?

"What do you think? My father, of course. He used to always hit me when I was younger. Always. I would cry my heart out every time. Every single time, he would hit me until I was covered up with bruises and wounds. You know when he started hitting me? My grandmother told me I was 5 when he first started hitting me and he hasn't stopped ever since. The hits weren't just as frequent anymore since I'm not living with him anymore." I sighed.

Noticing the tears that were staring to form in my eyes.

He ran his thumb across my scar again.

I jumped a little at the feeling of his skin on mine.

"Mian haeyo, Astrid."

"Agust, I told you already I forgive you. I understand why you had to do this."

"Ani...sorry because you had to bear with him for all these years."

I smiled up at him.

"Aishhh...I can't believe I'm saying this,
but I'm glad you're my kidnapper."

And just like that, I fell asleep in that pale man's arms.