05

4 days. I have been here for 4 days. But it's the same old cycle every day since the very first day. I get woken up by him, he gives me food.

He asks me about my father here and there. But never had he hit me or done anything violent towards me, which was the most confusing part of this whole situation.

I tried to escape twice though. But nothing worked. His doors are locked with a really hi-tech security program. You'll have to scan Agust's palm to be able to open the door. I got caught during my second attempt. But Agust didn't say anything to me. He just shook his head and tied me up beside the pole again.

I heard crashing sounds outside of the room I was in. Then I heard some sobbing. I walked towards the door since I could still reach it despite the rope. I tried to peek outside, but the noise was coming from downstairs, in the kitchen. And it only hurt my hand more the more I tried to force myself to see what the hell's happening. So I just gave up and went back to my place.

After a few moments, the door was slammed open, revealing Agust with blood all over his fist, and pieces of glass in his knuckles. He also had blood on his face. He was bleeding so much.

I didn't know why but by the moment I saw him, my heart broke into pieces and my chest started aching at the sight of this broken man.

"What happened?"

"Bad day" he sighed. "Just a bad day." He looked so tired and so sad.

"You're bleeding."

"I know. And I don't care." He sat down on my mattress with his head in his hands, like he was thinking about something so terrible and horrific. He looked so fragile and broken.

I then did something I never thought I would. I put both his hands away from his face and touched the bleeding wound on his face trying my hardest to ignore the loud heartbeat in my chest.

He flinched at little bit and slapped my hand away, scowling even more.

"Owww! I'm trying to help you here, dumbass!"

"What did you call me?!" He screeched.

"I called you dumbass. Why would you do this to yourself?"

He looked up at me, showing me those dark brown orbs. His eyes had tears in them. They were the saddest pair of eyes I have ever looked at in all my life. His shoulders were slumped. His hands kept on bleeding. And he looked like he could explode anytime.

"Do you really want to know?"

"Ne. I do."

"Your father. He killed my family. He killed my child and my child's mother."

I was stunned. I couldn't believe it. How can my father be capable of such a cruel thing?

He looked at me dead serious in the eyes, tears, now rolling on both of our cheeks.

"It was a year ago. I just got back from night school when everything went down. I had to. Because I had to work in the mornings to support my little family. I was 17 when I had Avery. All just because I knocked her mother up at a drunken one night stand. At first I was so afraid with the turn out of events, I mean I was going to be a father at a very young age, but after seeing Avery for the very first time, I knew that by that moment, I will need to care for both of them. Even before your father's campaign as a president, he had already done many scandals. Many of them. But he covered it all up. Avery's mother once saw your father taking drugs. When she recognized who he was, he quickly ran away. When your father saw Beatrice staring at him with drugs in his hands, he quickly told his body guards to find her."

Tears rolled down his cheeks.

"Beatrice and I fought that night. I-it was a one night stand with her. I didn't love her. But after Avery was born, I promised myself, I promised Beatrice that I will make a perfect family for Avery. I was so tired from night school. And when I got home, Avery's tantrums weren't helping with the fatigue and the headache that I was feeling at all. When I entered the room, Avery was there, crying by herself while Beatrice was just spacing out. I lashed out on her, asking her what kind of a mother she was. We fought and I accidentally slapped her. She immediately took Avery and ran out the door."

He broke down. Punching the rough ground again and again as if he was feeling nothing at all.

"I got so drunk that night. Then the next morning, I heard knocks on my door. They were policemen. Beatrice and Avery were killed. They were hit by a car. One of your father's minions hit him. And the policemen that had found them were payed to shut up about it. They warned me that if I do anything to reveal what had happened, they will come after my parents and my brother too."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. How can a man just do that? How is a man capable of doing something so evil?

Does he even have humanity left within him? Does he?!

I hugged Agust with both my arms, wanting him to let out the pain that was caused by my father. I felt like it was also my fault, too. I felt so ashamed that he is known to be my father.

Agust didn't pull away this time. He sobbed into my neck. Letting it all out. He was a father to a child he had loved so much.

But his beloved child was taken away from him by MY father.