Chapter 7: Winter Storm

Start from the beginning

"I guess we can do that", Ben agreed, "Start us off Martin."

"Okay sounds good. Well before this pandemic happened I was a certified doctor working out of Vancouver General Hospital. I had a wife a son and two daughters. They were my life. I loved all of them more than I loved myself. Then they were taken from me. We were walking down the street when we got attacked by a herd of infected. I was the only one who survived. I ran as my family got eaten alive and was lucky enough to find William, his wife Megan, and Pablo. They took me in and we fled to the country, where we found the Mary Andrews Elementary School", Martin told the group, "Somebody else's turn. Who's up next?"

"Wait! Who is Will and Megan?" Ben asked.

"That's right you guys never got to meet them", Martin said, "How about you go to bed Pablo. It's getting late." 

"Okay", Pablo said as he walked away from the group.

"Okay I guess I can tell you guys about them", Martin started to explain, "Will and Megan were Pablo's parents."

"What happened to Megan?" Josh asked, "We never met her."

"Megan died a few years ago. One day we were traveling through the woods and we got attacked by the infected. We made it out alive but Megan got scratched. And we all know what happens to a person who is scratched by an infected. But she didn't tell any of us. That night we went to bed and she was sleeping beside Will. In the middle of the night she bit Will in the leg. Will woke up and killed her. He didn't realize that she was his wife. He couldn't believe what he had just done. It wasn't long after this that his leg started to hurt. He needed medical attention right away. I knew that there was no cure for the virus so I decided to amputate his leg. If I did this then the virus wouldn't be able to spread to the rest of his body. So I preformed the operation and lucky for him the virus hadn't spread to the rest of his body. The reason he's not here right now is because he got shot a month ago."

"It makes sense why Will didn't want to talk about why he had lost his leg", Jessica stated.

"Ya... now it's somebody else's turn", Martin said.

"I guess I'll go", Ben offered, "I was a history teacher. I love to hunt, fish, trap, camp and just be outdoors. I guess those skills really helped me get this far. I'm planning on going to the quarantine zone in Toronto, that's where people can be safe from the monsters that roam this peice of shit world."

"Well this world is shitty!" Josh agreed, "But, I guess I'll go next. I was a video game designer who lived in Vancouver. I loved to party with my friends and I'm pretty sure it got me in trouble a few times. I was also part of an archery club, and I became one of the best archers at the club. But nothing really excited has happened in my life."

"I was an archeologist and Jordan was a carpenter. We were highschool sweethearts and ended up getting married before everything messed up", Jessica said, "Now we are expecting our first child together." She looked up at Jordan and kissed him.

"I'll go next", Travis said. Jordan didn't want Travis to talk about his past. He was worried that Travis would talk about the fight they had. He looked at Travis and Travis smirked, then Travis said, "As you all probably know, Jordan is my brother. We never really had a good relationship. In fact our relationship was so bad that Jordan didn't even invite me to his wedding and we haven't talked since."

"You know why I didn't invite you to the wedding Travis!" Jordan yelled as he stood up, "You got drunk and tried to have sex with Jessica! Then when I tried to stop you, you tried to beat the shit out of me!"

"I was drunk Jordan. I obviously was just making bad choices."

"You are fucking stupid that's what you are!"