Chapter 26 - Frustration

Start from the beginning

"Yep." Brandon said, happily. I looked back down at my book and folded the page over. I closed the book and set it to the side. I picked up my coffee. I listened to Jake's stories about his adventures with his mate.

The Next Morning

I was woken up by a bright light. I opened my eyes slightly, then groaned. Damn sunlight. "Wake up, wake up! Its your release day!" Alicia cheered. I groaned and sat up.

"You make it seem like its prison." I rubbed my eyes and stretched. "What time is it?" I asked.

"Around noon." She answered. I sat up and looked around the room. There was no sign of my mate. I sighed. I smiled slightly to myself as I realized I was finally free. God, now I sounded like Alicia.

"Ali, what are you doing?" I asked as I looked over at her. She was doing a little dance and froze.

"Nothing, lets get you dressed." she smiled brightly.

"Williams, you're a weird girl."  I raised my eyebrows. She ignored me and helped me out of bed, seeing as I was still a little sore. She gently pushed me into the bathroom, where my clothes were already folded nicely on the side of the sink. I rolled my eyes and got into the shower. I let my hair run under the warm water. I quickly washed up and got out. I got dressed in a pair of shorts and a tank. I put my hair in a high pony tail. I grabbed my toothbrush and started brushing my teeth. When I was done, I walked out.

"Finally." Ali breathed out. I glared. She had all of my things ready to go. We walked out of the room. I signed a few release forms and I dashed out of that building. No more hospital smells. I am the happiest person on earth, as of now. We climbed into Alicia's car and drove towards my house. The drive home was quiet. I couldn't help, but think about Brandon. I thought we were over this, him acting weird, I don't like this and I'm getting irritated. We pulled up to my house. Ali helped me out and inside. I groaned. I hate this so much. "It won't be for long bestie." she said walking upstairs with me. I didn't reply. We got to my room and there was a huge teddy bear with a card. I giggled.

"What's that?"

"A teddy bear. Isn't it adorable?" she cooed. I rolled my eyes. After a while of annoying me, Alicia got up and left to go see her mate. I checked my phone and sighed. Not one call from Brandon. I began to get angry. I needed to go for a run. I got out of bed, ignoring the pain shooting through my body, I changed into some yoga pants and a training bra. I grabbed my iPod and I made my way downstairs and out of the door. I plugged in my headphones and put my playlist on shuffle. I took a deep breath and started running down my usual trail. It felt so nice to be able to run again and not be cooped up in a hospital bed. I bobbed my head to the music blasting in my ears. I sang along quietly.

*********

After two hours of running, my body was aching, sweat was dripping down my body. I seriously needed a shower. I walked into the house. My dad stood in front of the door, glaring at me. "What I do?"

"You are supposed to be resting."

"Sorry dad, but I really needed a run." I kissed his cheek. "Plus, I feel fine. My body doesn't hurt as much." I smiled. He raised his eyebrows.

"Go take a shower." He huffed. My smiled widened. I jogged upstairs and took another shower. I scrubbed my skin clean. I got out after a while. My head somewhere else. I pulled my hair out of a a pony tail and got dressed in black skinny jeans and a 'High Heels High Hopes" t-shirt. I brushed my hair and made my way downstairs, scrolling through my phone.

"Mom," I called for her as I walked down the stairs. "What are you making for-" I paused as I looked up and my eyes connected with those familiar blue eyes. I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Can we talk?" Brandon asked. I nodded. I walked over to him and we walked out of the house. We walked over to his car and climbed in. He started the car and began driving. I stared out of the window, not looking at him. We soon arrived at deserted lot. We sat in silence. I stared out in front of me. "Whats your problem?" I looked at him like he was an idiot.

"I tell you whats my problem. You didn't fucking call when I was released, Brandon!" I yelled at him. "You've been acting strange and I'm really starting to get annoyed with you!" I continued. "Dammit, you won't even touch me for long periods of time! Don't fucking ask me whats my problem when its you who has a problem!" I crossed my arms over my chest and huffed.

"I was busy, Chris! I have a life too!"

"Oh really?" I shook my head. "I didn't notice when you took loads of time out everyday to visit me in the hospital!" I shouted facing him.

"Whatever."

"Wow, one word answers." I laughed humorlessly. "So typical of you, Brandon." I rolled my eyes. We stayed silent. I massaged my temples.

"I'm sorry."

"I honestly don't want to hear it. Whoever she is, I hope she's fucking worth it." I got out of the car and started walking home. I sighed deeply. No one acts like that towards their mate unless they're cheating. I'm so over this. I turned to the left, heading further away from my house. I needed sometime to myself.