Chapter 1 - Daughters of the Alpha

Sitting on my window sill watching the raindrops slide down my window, they look so beautiful in the gray sky. My name is Christine Gold, but I prefer to be called Christie, or Chris. A voice pulls me out of my train of thought.

"Let's get training." My trainer, John says.

"Can't we just have a day off? I mean come on, it's raining." I say.

"You know your dad's orders. Rain or shine-" He starts, but I cut him off.

"I always train," I say, finishing his sentence. "I know." I stand up and put on my gym shoes. Walking past him, I head downstairs to the front door. "Let's just get this over with." I sigh, tired of the same ole routine.

Once outside, I run into the forest, John not far behind. Once I felt his presence behind me, I turn and send my foot into his chest. I climb on top of him and pin him to the ground and smirk in his face.

"I wasn't ready." He tells me.

"Remember, always expect the unexpected, ready or not," I say, mocking his voice. John lets out a chuckle. I get off of him and I stare him down. I notice that the rain has stopped. I reach out my hand and help him up, laughing along with him.

"John!" A masculine voice calls from behind me. Of course, it's my dad, Marcus Gold, alpha. "You are supposed to be training my daughter not laying on the ground." He says with a playful grin.

"It's her fault," John says, dusting himself off. My father walks up to me and kisses my forehead.

"You pinned down my Beta?" He asks.

"Of course, I did. He's so predictable now." I respond, shaking my head,

"I am not!" John defends himself.

"Oh really? Want to try again?" I ask cockily. John nods with a grin. My father steps back to watch as we get into our stance. John rushes me, sending punches at my face at a rapid pace. I quickly dodge the punches and slip behind him only to be tripped by his feet, I fall on my back and grunt. I glare at a smirking, John. I quickly get up. I take deep breaths, centering myself. I can feel the energy in my environment. My eyes snap open as John throws another punch, while I quickly slap it away and push him back. I rush John and I punch him, but he dodges it and grabs my fists. I kick his leg, causing him to fall backward landing on his back. I climb on top of him and place my knees on his arms. My dad laughs and claps.

"Good job, kid." I stand up and help John up. My dad pats my head and starts to walk away, me following him.

"Dad, I was wondering, could I stop training for today? Tomorrow I will work twice as hard." I plead.

"Twice as hard you say." I nod. He stares at me deep in thought. "Fine, Have the rest of the day off." He says hesitantly.

"Thank you, daddy," I say excitedly.

"You're welcome, now go have fun." He says and walks away with John.

I run back home and straight into my room to change into a t-shirt and jeans. I'm just gonna go for a walk. I do this mostly at night when my father and my mother are asleep. I watch the moon and just relax. Being an Alpha's daughter is a major headache. I have to train so I can know how to defend myself and I understand. I try not to complain.

I walk through the woods. It's so quiet and nice here. I watch the sky as it slowly turns blue. I start hearing sticks breaking behind me and become fully alert, but I act cool. Once I feel a presence behind me, I attack, knocking them to the ground.

"Chill, Christie!" My sister, Amanda, yells.

"Dammit, Mandy. You know not to sneak up on me." I scream back. I climb off of her.