Chapter Two

At lunch, me and my friends decided to eat outside at the picnic tables that gave a good view of the student parking lot. I could see Cameron sitting on the trunk of her car with her posse. They were smoking, even though it was prohibited on school grounds.

"Look at those assholes," Gaia said as she eyed them. "They think they're such hot shit."

"Why is this barbecue so watery," Otto asked with disgust as he stared at his barbecue sandwich.

"It's because they drool all over your food before they serve it," Bryce said before flicking his blonde bang out of his face.

Ivy spit out her food, and chugged down her milk. "Way to ruin my appetite," she yelled at Bryce.

Bryce shrugged before taking a bite out of his apple. "Enough of the stupid talk, we need to talk about something really important," Gaia said.

"What's that," Otto asked.

"What we're going to wear to the Riv tonight," Gaia responded.

Otto and Bryce groaned. "Man, that's girl talk," Otto complained.

"Then shut the fuck up, and don't get in the conversation," Gaia snapped.

Otto snapped his fingers in a zig zag formation. "Well excuse you, honey boo boo child," Otto said in his best feminine voice. I laughed at the silly boy, and Gaia tried to hold back a laugh; but she laughed too.

"Seriously, girls! What are we wearing," Gaia asked before inserting a fork full of salad into her mouth.

"Well, we're going to be by the water, so it'll be kind of cool. I was thinking a nice, tight pair of jeans, and a sweatshirt," I replied.

"Yeah, I was thinking the same but I'm just going to wear a t-shirt with a denim jacket over it," Ivy added. "So, what are you wearing G?"

Gaia flipped her gorgeous hair. Her green eyes twinkled. She looked from Ivy to me as if she was going to say something important. "I don't know yet."

"What do you mean you don't know yet?! We have to look cute," Ivy said frantically as she played with her golden locks. She looked at the mixed girl with a panic expression.

"It'll be fine, Ivy. Y'all know I always look fabulous," Gaia mentioned. Gaia was right, out of us all, she had the best fashion sense. She knew all the latest styles, and trends.

Ivy nodded. "So, Otto, you're going to be the designated driver?"

"Aren't I always," Otto asked. The boy was the only sober one in the group. He looked out for us when we were completely wasted.

"Then we're all set," Ivy said cheerfully.

School ended but of course not without Cameron being in my last class; which was Art. I had three periods out of four with the mysterious girl.

When I got home that afternoon, I walked into a cloud of smoke. Mom and Dad had the place smoked up. I took in the scent of marijuana. "Fucking potheads," I mumbled to myself before closing the door.

As soon as I closed the door, my mom called me into the kitchen. I walked in to see Mom dancing to 80's Rock while Dad had his head down on the counter. My fucking parents.

"How was your first day, honey," Mom asked me in a high pitched, dopey voice.

"It was good, Mom." I looked over at Dad. "Is Dad okay?" He still had his head down on the counter.

"He overdid it, honey," Mom replied. I noticed that my parents had a bong sitting right on the kitchen counter.

"You guys are nuts, but I love you." I kissed both of my parents on the cheeks, and then ran upstairs to pick out my outfit for the night.