Interlude: Making Everything Alright

An extremely short interlude. I didn't want it to be at the end of Midnight because I didn't think it fixed very well so I decided to put it as its own part uploaded at the same time as the last part of Midnight.

-----

The Doctor refused to let the Stone go for a second, even when they were back on the TARDIS he refused to leave her side. He was scared, they both her. The Stone swallowed hard after they entered the library, thankfully the TARDIS understood that they were in pain and made sure there was a fire lit dimly with the sofa opposite so they could at least keep warm. The Time Lord wasted no time curling up on the sofa with the Time Lady who was terrified for what she could go and where they now were. She didn't want to telepathically communicate with him just yet since she didn't know how welcoming he would be or how he would actually react. Instead, she lightly brushed her hand on the arm that wasn't wrapped around her.

"I'm sorry." The Doctor quietly whispered only loud enough for her to hear over the crackle of the fire.

"What?" She snapped her head up to look at him. His face looking slightly golden against the glow of light opposite them.

"I'm sorry." He took in a breath and she waited for him to continue. "It was my idea for us to go there, I know you were terrified, I left you all by yourself with me being unable to move so I'm sorry."

"It isn't your fault." She shook her head at him.

"But I scared you."

"You didn't scare me, that creature scared me." She quietly admitted. "You will never scare me."

There was a long pause. The Stone placed her head back on his chest and closed her eyes, the calming beats of the Doctors hearts put her worries at slight ease. She knew there was nothing wrong with his hearts, at least from what she could hear. She was still going to do tests on him though. He wasn't getting out of that one. Not this time.

"I'm still sorry." The words made his chest hum. Tickling the Time Ladys cheek who removed it from his chest again to give him a stern look.

"Again." She sighed rubbing her head. "Don't be sorry Doctor you couldn't see what was going to happen, neither of us did.

He swallowed hard knowing she was serious about this and slowly nodded. Holding his tongue even when he wanted to shoot back at her but he knew it would only lead to an argument. Something he couldn't afford with her right when he desperately needed her.

The Time Lords stayed like that for quite a long time. Even they didn't know exactly how long and they could always sense time and how long something had passed. The Stone swallowed trying to remove the dryness that had built up in her mouth before she next spoke. "I'm doing test on you, you know?" She said with a hint of playfulness in her voice making the Doctor groan in reply. It might not be so hard for them to forget about this terrible adventure after all.