The Sontaran Stratagem

The Doctor worryingly watched leaning on one of the Y beams as Donna broadly grinned standing beside Rita who watched over the red head as she flew the TARDIS. The Doctor groaned not sure how the Time Lords had managed to get in the situation, that was until he noticed the amused grin on Rita's face, he remembered Donna begging him an hour prior, repeatedly he protested against the idea, that was until Rita walked in on the conversation and sided with the ginger. The Doctor groaned continuing to protest against the idea until the blonde dragging him out of the console room and gave him the puppy dog eyes.

The Doctor tried his hardest to continue protesting until she had him pressed up against the wall her hands running up and down the lapels of his suit staring into his eyes with a mischievous look. Swallowing thickly the Doctor changed his tune agreeing to the idea which then led him to the situation he was now in. That was after he and the Time Lady has ahem, a moment.

"I can't believe I'm doing this!" Donna joyfully laughed. Rita chuckled watching her.

"No, neither can I." The groaned again then hurried over hitting the console with a hammer. "Oh, careful."

"Don't do that," Rita grumbled at him pulling the hammer out of his hand placing it on the floor under the console. "You know she hates it when you do that, no wonder she is grouchy and ignores anything half the time."

"She doesn't get grouchy." He scoffed. "Plus she's completely fine with you!" He protested his voice raising in pitch.

"That's because I don't hit her." She poked her tongue out at him causing him to groan again.

"Left hand down." He instructed. "Left hand down!" He looked at the monitor. "Getting a bit too close to the 1980s."

"What am I going to do, put a dent in them?" She sarcastically asked the Time Lord."

"Well, someone did."

"Yeah about that." Rita scratched the back of her neck. "Knew I forgot something."

"What did you do?" The Doctor looked at her.

"Sarah Jane got bored once and I may have let her fly the TARDIS when you were in the library." She admitted avoiding his face seeing the slightly amused look in his eyes. "I was watching her." She held her hands up. "Everything was completely fine until I looked away."

"Why did you do that?" He raised a brow.

"I was reading a really good book!" She protested again. "Nothing serious happened." She reassured him then opened her mouth to speak as a phone started to ring.

"Hold on." Donna frowned. "That's a phone."

The Doctor and Rita glanced at each other and then at the phone then back at each other, the Doctor took the mobile out of the socket from the console. "You've got a mobile?" Donna frowned at them. "Since when?"

"It's not mine."

Donna looked at Rita raising a brow. "Not mine either." The Doctor answered the phone, Rita leaning in to hear the conversation.

"Hello?"

"Doctor?" Rita heard the voice of Martha and automatically started grinning broadly. "It's Martha, and I'm bringing you two back to Earth."

----------------------------------------------------------------

The Doctor and Rita stepped out of the TARDIS after it materialised. Martha turned around seeing the two of them and started grinning herself.