I

*Kelsea' s POV*

Nothing is quite what it seems and I learned the hard way. I found romance where I least expected it, I was hanging out with a good friend of mine, his name is Kurt, he told me earlier that day when he came into my work that he had someone new that he wanted me to meet. I had already met Krist and a bunch of his other friends considering we went to school with most of them.

"Hey Kels, I'm glad you could make it." Kurt greeted me pulling me into an awkward one armed side hug.
"I told you I'd come over, am I the first one here?" I questioned raising my eyebrows.
"Yeah Krist and the person I want you to meet will be here soon, they're just finishing up eating. What do you want to do until they get here?" Kurt asked as we walked over to his couch and sat down.
"I have no idea let's just find something to watch." I said sitting comfortably next to Kurt. He turned on the T.V. and we mindlessly flipped through channels until something caught out eye. I was still ever so curious about who Kurt wanted me to meet. He had always been a good judge of character thats why I always got curious when he wanted me to meet someone he knows. The television show that we had stopped on was pointless but it was better than depressing ourselves with the news until Krist and who ever mystery human was arrived.

I sat trying to focus on the show but it was seemingly impossible. I just wanted to know who the mystery human was and the lack of hints from Kurt was enough to drive me up the wall.

"Seriously Kurt, who is this mystery person you want me to meet?" I asked trying to sound casual and not frustrated.

"Kels, I told you it's a surprise nd it wouldn't be one of I told you now would it?" He questioned me smirking while he did so.

"I guess you're right, but you of all people know I hate surprises." I said with a small half smile half flare.

"I know but I promise the surprise will be worth it. I think you might like the mystery person as you put it." Kurt said turning his full attention towards me and forgetting about the crappt television show that we had been trying to watch earlier.

"Alright Cobain, I'm trusting you dont burn me by this being like every other surprise." I said trying to sound hard but failing.

"It won't be." He said chuckling a little a what had just transpired. We sat in silence a few moments before there was a sharp knock on the door and Kurt shit to his feet and was at the door in what seemed like give seconds flat. When he opened the door in walked Krist and a man that I had never met. This man stood about 6 feet tall, long dark hair that could mesmerize anyone. He was almost inhumanly beautiful and at that moment I could feel myself staring so I quickly stood up and excused myself.

"If you guys would excuse me for a moment." I said before darting up to the bathroom and shutting and locking the door behind me.

*Dave's POV*

"Damn I never seen her take off like that. What got into her?" Krist asked Kurt as the three of us sat down.

"I know exactly what got into her." Kurt said winking at Krist.

"You think she found him--" Krist asked but was cut off by Kurt.

"Yes why else would she have been blushing like a motherfucker when she got a good look at Dave." Kurt said with a small laugh.

"You seriously think she darted out of here like that because she had some sort of instant attraction to me?" I asked both Kurt and Krist because I was more than just a little confused.

"Definitely," Krist said with a grin before continuing, "we have known her since high school and we know how she acts when she is attracted to somebody because we watched it happen serial times.

Several seconds later the beautiful girl who's name I didn't know came back into the living room where the three of us sat.

"Kelsea, this Dave." Kurt said gesturing towards be lightly with his hand.

"It's nice to meet you Dave." Kelsea said as she extends her hand to shake mine.

Conversation with the three of them was simple and easy it didn't feel like anyone was trying to hard. They seemed to flow really well together and seemed pretty open to new people. It was a couple hours into my visit when Krist and Kurt took off to go grab something to eat for dinner that night. Kelsea decided to hang back at Kurt' s place and I decided to hang with her. I wanted to get to know her better.

"So Kelsea, what's your favorite color?" I asked hoping to sound as casual as possible.

"Ummm... I'd say purple." She said being caught slightly off guard by my question blushing a little.

*Kelsea's POV*

I could tell Dave was nervous and trying to make small talk so I decided to aid the situation a little.

"Alright, look I can tell your nervous it's written all over your face. I'm sure you can tell I ain't much better. But sittin here forcing a conversation ain't natural just say whatever comes to your mind and we'll roll with it." I said it in a tone that sounded playfully exasperated.

"Have you lived in Washington all your life?" Dave asked eyes bright with curiosity.

"No I moved out here with my family when I was thirteen." I said actually letting myself smile freely. I felt oddly comfortable around Dave.

"What made you and your family move?" The questions from Dave sounded more natural and less forced which made the conversation flow better.

"Well my parents somehow both managed to land jobs out here at the same time so it made sense for us to move out here. I'm originally from Colorado, god it's fuckin beautiful out there." I said starting to get a little teary eyed and homesick.

"Kelsea, are you alright?" Dave asked worry seeping into his voice.

"Yeah sorry, I just get a little emotional and homesick when I talk about home." I sniffling and giving a sad smile.

"It's okay, I understand. I miss home myself too sometimes." He said smiling at me and for some reason that smile made me feel alive and happy two things that for me didn't come along too often.