Ignored

Adam's P.O.V.

Ever since I almost kissed Alice twice in one morning,I have been trying my best to ignore her hoping that whatever feeling I am starting to have towards her go away because it will not end well for the both of us. The only problem is that she is on my mind 24/7 resulting me to take cold showers sometimes.

It has honestly been horrible without hearing her laugh and comebacks for a week. I never knew she was such a needed component in my everyday life until she was not there, figuratively speaking. I think that I was not only the only one that was being affected by her absence, but it was also everyone at our table. The guys were quieter than usual. And Alice? Well, she would come to the cafeteria, grab her food go back to her room only to stop and sit with her dad sometimes.It was pretty clear that she has been avoiding me and pretty much everyone else.

" Dude, go apologise or talk to her, do something. I miss her " Jack whines, he and Noah were suffering the most without Alice here, although I did see her talking to them sometimes. I guess everyone misses the girl that has managed to creep her way into our hearts. 

" We were not close but I agree that's it's weird without her here " Zack pipes up from across the table before going back to talking with Jake.

" What if she doesn't want to see me? And punches me instead?" I ask leaning my elbows on the table in the dining room.I really do not feel like getting punched today.

" Are you crazy? She is clearly head over heels for you" Jake reassures me,which only makes me shake my head in disagreement.There is no way someone like her will like me, plus all we do is insult each other.

" Noah, Zack, Jake and Jack, let's go find her," I state suddenly feeling a wave of confidence wash over me. 

"We have looked everywhere for her, where the hell is she?" Jack whines for the thousandth time.It has only been 10 minutes so far and he is already borderline annoying me. 

" Wanna bet she is in the gym? " Zack says knowing that she spends some quality time there,training with her dad and by herself.

" Yah sure let's go, what are you waiting for?" Noah exclaims already making his way towards the gym. When we finally make it to the gym,  we quietly open the door and almost fall over in surprise at what we see. Alice is throwing punches at the punching bag while her dad is barking orders left and right at her.

" DO YOU WANNA WIN?" Her dad shouts.

" YES" She yells back,  her body drenched in sweat that glistens in the light coming from the ceiling. There is another way I can get her sweaty and worked up...

" THEN PUNCH HARDER AND BLOCK BETTER " He screams once again. This due has no chill whats so ever. Instead of answering, she keeps quiet but starts to punch the bag even harder,the sound echoing around the room

"Get over here" Her dad snarls at her, making his way into the ring, no way. There is no way he is going to actually fight his own daughter. Right?

I am proven wrong when she puts her mouth guard in and gets into her fighting position, ready to kill someone. Is it weird I am kind of getting turned on right now?

I watch as she moves with grace, every move calculated, while she and her dad fight, but i guess she makes a mistake or leaves a spot open because next thing you know she is being flipped over and slammed onto the mats by her dad. 

"Ouch. That must have hurt"Noah whispers voicing my exact thoughts out loud.

" Like a bitch " Jake adds on.

"Uhhh...well Alice, I have to go, good job today. Though try to improve on your balance when you lift your leg to kick your opponent unless you want to end up on the mats again. " her dad comments, pulling her up before going to grab a bottle of water. We nod at him as a sign of respect when he passes us on his way out, leaving us alone with Alice. Hope everything goes well. 

"Hi, guys," she says walking across the room to get her bag which has water in it, and as she bends down to grab the water bottle, I get a clear view of her ass. Holy shit, imma need a cold shower after this.

"So what brings you here?" she asks with a small smile that manages to light up her whole face. So far she has barely acknowledged my presence and I get her, I would be mad at myself as well if I were in her position. 

" We were looking for you, since Adam has something to tell you,"Jack says giving me a pointed look which makes a small sweat to break out on my back form the pressure, I do not want to screw this up.

"Look Alice, I know you are probably still mad at me and don't want to talk but I just want to say that I am very sorry for ignoring you for the past few days.I don't know what got over me,I hope you can forgive me" I finish my speech ending everything off with a small pout that I hope she finds cute and adorable and decides to forgive me.

Instead of hearing a reply or shout from Alice,I am met with laughter which confuses me. Does this mean she accepts my apology?

" Your speech was so sweet, who told you that I was angry though?" she asks once she stops laughing. I point at the guys behind me hoping that they will be the ones who get in trouble and not me, in case she gets angry or something.

"You guys need to work on getting your facts straight before saying something. I was never angry at Adam, annoyed yes, but I had to train a lot for the past few days since I have a fighting tournament soon and Adam was ignoring me so I thought ok, someones PMSing" she says as the guys, burst out laughing at her comment about my behaviour.

"Training for a fighting tournament? Can we come to watch your fight? " Noah asks out of curiosity.

"Ummm...sure but I will not tell you when I am fighting or what my name is because I need to keep my identity a secret " she rambles on, stopping only to look at us sheepishly.

"Awww not even the estimated time?"Jack pleads.

"All I can say that my fight will be most likely be after 7 pm at the Cross arena, the one close by"

"We can work with that " Jake interrupts Jack before he has a chance to say something, their twin intuition can sometimes be creepy.

"I have to go take a shower because I stink, see ya guys tomorrow?" Alice says getting ready to leave the gym.

"Yah " I reply watching her leave the gym, her butt swaying side to side in those tight booty shorts.

"Nice going man. I think you should invite her to watch a movie later or something" Jake suggests winking at me. 

"Why should I do that ?"  I ask raising my eyebrow in question, at him.

"Because from the way you look at her it's clear you want to spend more time with her" He states matter of fact.  

"Maybe" I reply shrugging as we also leave the gym, but in my mind, they are probably right and I am already planning what movie to watch. As much as it hurts to admit, I think that I don't want to ever lose Alice.  

Hey guys,

Hope yall enjoyed this chapter.I really do not know where this book is going but I hope it does not disappoint in the end.

Love,

K.P.