Meet the guys

Continuation of dinner

"So, what's your name hottie?" a guy sitting across from me askes just as I shove a spoonful of food into my mouth, couldn't of he just do it before my mouth was full. I try to reply but it comes off as a bunch of mumbles with the food in the way. My mom would be so disappointed if she saw me talking with a full mouth right now, oh well.

"I'm sorry, what?" the same guy questions,I just look at him and to be honest, he is pretty cute with light brown hair and pretty chocolate brown eyes,but he wasn't really the type I would usually go for..if I ever went for someone.

"I'm sorry but can you ask an easier question?" my overly high pitched voice replies once I finally manage to swallow my food.I continue to look expectantly at the guy, who seems simply looks at a loss for words.I would be too if I ever was in a situation like that.

"I'm sorry,what?" he repeats like a broken recorder.Im pretty sure that all the guys are listening in on our conversation by now.

"OMG!I'm so sorry I didn't know that you are deaf. Honestly,what a pity, maybe I would have even dated you if you weren't deaf.I'm sure you will find someone else."I say systematically while reaching over the tablet to pat the guy on the shoulder in a form of comfort.I hear a couple chuckles from the table and when I look at the victim,Man he looked so helpless and so shocked that I could not stop myself from bursting into laughter.

I instantly calm down when I hear my name being called,I turn around and manage to duck just in time as a pie smashes right into the poor guy sitting me opposite me,making everyone burst out in laughter I included,I swear I think one guy even started crying from laughing so hard.

"I am going to kill the bastard that threw this at me" The guy who's name I still do not know growls, before standing up. Now as much as I would love to hurt my brothers, no one but me can do it, so I stand up as well getting all defensive.

"No, you are not" I stare at the guy and oh boy is he tall compared to my 5'4 frame.

"And why is that?" he glares down at me.

"Because I will deal with those deepshits later and no one.I mean no one is allowed to hurt my brothers" my calm voice cuts through the tension surrounding the table,even if it is laced with a subtle threat.

"Oh really? what are you-" the guy gets cut off by the sound my dad approaching the table, probably noticing the stare down that is happening right now.

"Is there a problem here guys?"my dad asks, and let's be real he can be fucking intimidating and scary when he wants to,I have plenty first-hand experience.

"No" the guy and I reply at the same time.

"Good, now sit down and enjoy the rest of the dinner,or do I need to make you guys hug it out?" my dad says looking both of us in the eye while we frantically shake our heads.There is no way I'm hugging that guy.

"Get a grip on yourself I do not need a fight to break out on the first day of vacation,I'm expecting an explanation for this after dinner" my dad practically growls at me while gripping my forearm, preventing me from sitting down while everyone has their eyes trained on us including the guy that is already sitting down wiping the remainder of the pie off his face.

I simply nod in agreement with my dad,before he lets go and walks away towards my brothers.Everyone is looking at me probably waiting for me to burst out crying or something, but I am stringer that this, It takes a lot to make me cry.So I simply turn back to my food and start eating.

"Girl! What's your name?"the guy sitting next to me asks after a couple of minutes of silence to which I'm grateful.

"The names Alice,and you are? "I say looking at all the guys expecting to get their names in return. I realise how hard it is going to be to remember all the names. God bless me.I can barely even remember my teachers' names and I have been going to the same school for 4 years in a row.I  guess I just never bothered.

"Cool name.Ok let me start first, I will introduce everyone in a clockwise manner so you will know who I'm talking about " the guy says while I simply nod at him telling him to continue.

"I'm Noah,that is Charel,followed by Mark,Zack, Jack and Jake the one you almost had a fight wit ." Noah finishes and I flash him a small smile, even if I already forgot half of their names but I'm sure they will not mind me asking them again right?

"Well, thanks for all the introductions but I'm pretty sure I forgot like half of them if I'm being honest here. Now if you will excuse me, I would like to go to sleep."I stand up smiling sheepishly at the boys,hoping they do not get too offended about me forgetting their names.

"Oh we can walk you to your room since we are also going to bed right boys?" I think Jack says, making all the boys nod their heads and start to stand up as well.I hear Jake mention something about pie being down his pants which makes me let out a small chuckle.How would pie even end up there?

As we start to head upstairs,I spot my mom sitting at a table chatting with some ladies and walk over to her to say goodnight and kiss her on the cheek. Surprisingly the boys waited until I made my way back to them from my mom before continuing to walk and make some small conversation with each other. 

I realise that I have not seen Adam since I bumped into him before dinner,not that I care or anything.I also realise that no one asked me why my dad treated me like that,what were they thinking about the whole incident? I kind of hope that Jake does not hate me after what happened, I don't really want to make enemies on my summer vacation. 

"Yo, earth to Alice,are you okay?"Noah asks bringing me out of my loop of overthinking.

"Yah"I say, stopping to look around,realising that we already managed to walk past my room.I turn and walk towards it, only to see that most of the guys are occupying the rooms next to mine.

"Well,uhh...goodnight everyone " I before entering my room not bothering to wait for a reply from the rest.

---

How I wish I could call Swe right now and tell her all about my day, I miss her more than anything and especially with the fact that there are no girls here to talk to,it really sucks.Taking off my dress and putting it back into the closet, I change into my very comfortable PJs and plop down on the bouncy bed, hoping to fall asleep.

Sleep never comes to me, no matter how much I toss and turn,so eventually after laying in the bed and I decided to go down and try to find the luxury gym that they are supposed to have here.I quickly change into my gym shorts and a crop top, remembering to bring my boxing gloves with me, nothing better than a good workout to help you fall asleep.I took boxing up a couple of years ago but have progressed much from that time,since now I compete often for money with only my dad knowing since he is my Coach and manager.Down at the ring,I am known as black cancer and not Alice to keep my real identity a secret.No one can know that I am Black Cancer and wise versa with Alice because let's just say there are people who do not like me at all.

I stop dead in my tracks when I see that my least favourite person is currently in the middle of the gym weight lifting.That's right apparently Adam is not the only one who can't sleep at night. Deciding to just quietly go back to my room and avoid all possible interaction with Adam before he notices that I am here,however being the clumsy person I am,I manage to knock into the shelf with all the yoga mats. I watch as they come tumbling down instantly catching Adam's attention,I hold my breath and press myself as close as possible to the wall praying that he will not see me standing there in the dim lightroom. But luck is not on my side(as usual ) as he narrows his eyes at me and says the only thing I was hoping he wouldn't say.

"Alice?Is that you?"

Well shit, how am I going to get away now?

Hey, guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, its a bit longer than usual.What do you think will happen next? leave a comment and don't forget to vote.

Love,K.P.