piano dust - oohyo

"Shit!"

Minah hissed as she pulled up her gym leggings from her left leg, exposing her toned calf. Her attention went to her ankle where the pain originated. Almost immediately that area had begun to swell as light blue and purple colours slowly appeared on her pale skin. She clasped her hand around her ankle and tried to move it but it only caused more pain.

She shouted more profanities the echoes snaking through the tall trees. They loomed over her as if they were looking down upon her. Not a soul was around to help. She took off her hiking bag and brought out a shirt from inside which she used to wrap around her swollen ankle.

"A sprain is all I fucking need at this time."

Minah sighed, trying to calm her blood that was beginning to simmer with anger. Now wasn't the time to be frustrated, especially not when she was in the middle of a dense forest, deep in the mountains. If she didn't stay calm, she was going to die there before she could even get to the asassian.

She picked up her two long branches which she used as hiking sticks. Earlier during the trip she lost her expensive hiking sticks whilst walking across a river. The powerful stream washed them away before she could even get to it.

What her sprained ankle needed the post was rest and support if she wanted to see improvements within a week. However she couldn't provide either. Minah tried her best not to overwork her left leg therefore she was in an awkward motion of dragging it across the muddy ground. Every once in a while she took out a compass from her pocket to make sure she was heading the right way.

Eventually after sweating profusely and fighting through the pain, Chung Minah found herself sitting inside her tent. Somehow deep in the mountains, she came upon a large flat  land covered with white rocks and a small lake. She positioned her spot just by it.

Her legs were stretched out before her and on her thighs laid a large map, a compass and a little notebook where she jotted down her plan. She chewed the top of the pen as she thought carefully of her next move. Knowing that it was going to be night soon, she decided to feed herself and rest in that area.

The next day she spent it all travelling more in the forlorn forest since she had only made half of the travel till the final destination. Finally, it was on the third day she found some signs of civilisation.

Hidden within the thick trees and tall bushes was a decent sized lodge that was a family run business. It was a place Minah knew about when she previously researched the local area back at home.

Being able to see the place before her eyes helped her gain the tiniest bit of hope that she could finally meet the person who she'd been avidly looking for six months.

She got herself a room and medical assistance from a qualified staff to help her sprained ankle. Lucky for her she hadn't torn a lot of muscle therefore it wasn't too severe. The pain was bearable thankfully. She needed to be able to sustain enougj energy to move just in case the confrontation with the Chameleon was going to get physical.

Minah was almost sure that he was hidden in an area three miles west from where she currently was. As she left the lodge, she made an effort to pick up a guide from the reception to make it look as though she was going sightseeing.

Then she folded the brochure and stuffed it in her windbreaker's pocket before walking straight towards the trees behind the lodge where there was no path.

She was thankful for the many hours she put into training and strengthening her body because the hike was a challenging one due to it's steepness. Minah looked at her watch. The estimated time taken to get to the circumference of where he might be had passed. Minah looked around but all she saw were trees, just like what she had been seeing the whole time.

She continued to walk a little more, this time staying more alert of her surrounding, not wanting to miss something abnormal.

However, the night had darkened and it was becoming increasingly hard to observe the environment.

Finally her eyes caught onto something strange. It looked out of place in the forest. Minah walked a little more quickly, as fast as her sprained ankle could allow her.

It was a low treehouse built between three trees that had grown a triangular shape with one another. By the condition of the wood used to structure the house, it seemed newly built.

Minah's heart beat began to increase, not only because of her running but also due to the fact that her hope had begun to rise. Her heart filled with dread and excitement.

"Please, Chameleon. Don't stay hidden any longer," she said aloud to herself.

She went around the side to go up the steps into the treehouse. The stairs groaned everytime she put pressure on them creating an omnious feeling in the darkness that enveloped her.

She took steady breaths as she looked at the door which was a little ajar. It creaked as she opened it, the hinges screeching seemed to come straight out of a horror movie.

A gasp sounded out of her. She wondered how such a significantly sized space was able to be built in the middle of nowhere. If the Chameleon really did work on his own, how on earth did he manage to build such a thing? That was, if this was even his place and not just a random person's.

A corner of the room was sectioned off by a white curtain. Whoever was behind it created a dark shadow against the curtain. Their head moved, presumably looking towards where she was standing.

For the first time in a while, Minah felt fear. The last time she felt this way was in front of Blue. She mentally cursed at herself for recovering those memories.

Slowly, she bent down to take out her pocket knife from the side of her right leg. Then she clasped her left fist, her stronger more dominant hand. No matter what, she could at least trust her knife and boxing skills that she gained over the year. She separated her leg, into a fight stance.

The figure behind the curtain ever so slowly rose from the floor which they had been sitting on, cross legged. The first thing she saw was their hand clutching the end of the curtain as they pulled it across the rail. The slowness and the quiet squeaking made it even more agonising.

Finally the person was revealed, yet Minah couldn't figure out his face. Despite fully exposing himself, he was still a shadow. He perfectly blended into his surrounding.

Like a Chameleon.

He wore black trousers and a black buttoned viscose shirt. His hair was just as dark. The figure began to walk barefooted towards her, the wooden boards below his feet creaking at every step.

Minah nervously gulped and hoped he couldn't smell the anxiety off her. She gripped onto her knife tightly, it was in danger of slipping away from her sweaty palm.

The more he inched closer, the more she could see of his facial features. Although, there wasn't much to see due to his hair sitting just above his eyes, covering half of his face. It was wet from sweat, water or blood, who knew. Finally he stood right in front of her.

Minah scrunched her eyebrows. Something was not right. This weird sense of familiarity residing within her was causing her to become more anxious and a little bewildered. She squinted at the guy who hadn't spoken a word, trying to make out more of his face.

Why does he seem so-

Minah gasped. It felt as if her brain had been struck by lightening as a strange thought entered her mind.

The corners of his lips tugged up as a dimple pierced his cheek.