midnight blues - umi

Midnight Blues track starts at 3:06, now sit back and relax with this bop playing at the back :)

"I want to show you something."

Minah squinted her eyes and her jaws tightened as she studied his face. She didn't know what to think about his words. It sounded a little too foreboding for her liking especially since she was in his house, in the middle of the forest.

He stood up from the sofa and began to walk away from the room. She followed a few steps behind.

"What is it?"

Namjoon looked back at her as he still walked and gave a slight smile. That was all. Not even a reply.

Right. That is it for my life. He is going to take me into some room and kill me off. He probably secretly works for Blue and was being undercover this whole time.

Minah shook her head to tell herself she was wrong. She couldn't possibly have wasted all these many months to find him for help only for him to end up on her enemy's side. That was too fantastical. Something that would happen in movies instead. Minah's life was no movie, it was simply an unfortunate gift she did not want.

"It's nothing for you to be worried about, in fact I think you are going to love it." He must have somehow sensed her discomfort.

It was a fight or flight situation. A huge part of her wanted to run away, she had the speed and stamina to do so. But he had a car parked outside and more knowledge on their surrounding than her. Plus if it did come down to him attempting to kill her, she was very certain she would put up a challenging fight before her eventual murder.

Minah slightly lowered her back and felt for the small knife in the pocket of her cargo trousers. Feeling its presence brought great comfort for her anytime she was feeling anxious in the same way another person might fiddle with their hair or bite their lips.

As they walked down the hallway that automatically lit up one at a time, Minah dropped clues. She was fully aware of the police's tendencies to lack competence after her prison sentence despite her innocence. She was going to make it as easy as possible for them to trace her identity in the house in case Namjoon was planning on killing her. She touched the walls as she passed, the edges of picture frames and a small cabinet with an empty vase propped on top; making sure her fingerprints would easily be detected to the police. As well as that, she frequently combed her fingers through her hair, allowing a few strands of her DNA to grace the marble flooring.

At the end of the hallway, she found something unexpected. With one flick of what looked like a light switch, the wall in front of them separated. It was a lift. The sight before her eyes was something straight out of a futuristic movie; Minah stared at it with wonder, struggling not to part her lips with shock. She had to keep her composure.

Namjoon went inside and turned around to face her.

"I really think what I'm about to surprise you with will excite you more than us standing here,staring at each other."

Minah clenched and unclenched her fists. Many thoughts raced through her mind. Should she enter an enclosed space with no escape route trapped next to the most prolific assassian in the country, or just go home? But of course, Minah's life was filled with bad choices and the choice she made was simply another one to add to her growing collection.

Although in her mind, her justification for stepping into the lift was that; she had been putting months trying to find Namjoon. All that time she could have been looking for Blue but even if she found him, she knew he could destroy her. He'd been a mobster for more than twenty years. Whilst he had an army of loyal gang members, all Minah had was a bit of strength from the last few years and too much built up anger against Blue. If her feelings got the best of her during her confrontation with him, it would either be highly beneficial or life-threatening and that was too much of a gamble. Namjoon not only was going to be the excellent partner-in-crime but a mediator between her emotions and reality.