It was as if Deidre was awake because I heard a voice echo in my mind.

Because of her. Because you found your mate.

I clenched my jaw so hard that slight pain was felt at the joint. I inhaled deeply before standing up and walking to the window. My hands clenched into fist behind my back as I try to control my frustration.

Regardless, I can't ignore my promise to Deidre. I will have someone look into Elena. Someone will be tailing after her. At this time, we can't afford to turn a blind eye. Everyone will have someone looking closely after them.

I walked outside the bedroom as I saw the two guards standing at our door guarding us. They turned when they saw me.

"Get me Lucas." I ordered. "Send him to my office. One of you guard this door and do not leave. No one in and no one out."

One of the guards nodded and walked to do as I ordered. The other stood and waited as I walked to the office. A moment later, my office door opened and a sleeping Lucas walked into the room.

"Tell me you didn't wake me up because you couldn't sleep and wanted to have an evening talk." Lucas yawned and plopped down on the chair in front of me.

Lucas was one of our best agents. Although, he can be a womanizer, he was also very good at his job. He never failed at his mission and his mind never wavers. I can trust him because I have known him since I was little. He was like my brother.

"I have a mission for you." I began. His eyes sparked interest as he leaned forward to listen in on more.

Deidre

I yawned and stretched in bed before my eyes fluttered opened to see Invictus standing on the foot of my bed, staring at me. I froze and pursed my lips in confusion.

"Why are you staring at me?" I asked.

He was dressed in a white sleeveless t-shirt and a black short, his arms crossed in front of him.

"Today, I am training with you." He said.

"But usually it is Akoni and-"

"But I am your mate." He said simply. I can see slight bags under his eyes but his eyes still glimmered with teasing. He moved around the bed until he stood at the side, with one swift movement he moved the blanket from me.

"What does you being my mate have to do with me training?" I asked as I got up as he said and went to my closet to find something to wear before heading into the bathroom.

"I am the one who has the right to train you." He said from the other side of the door.

"Well Akoni, Ron, and Max has been training with me." I reasoned. "Are they also going to be down there today?"

I took off my jammies and put on sports bra before slipping on my t-shirt. After, I pulled up a black skin tight short before brushing my hair and putting it into a quick ponytail. I brushed my teeth as I waited for him to respond.

"No. Today it is just you and me." He responded. "Hurry, Deidre."

I opened the door after I was finished. "What's the rush?"

I walked over to the bed and sat down as I slip on my socks and then my shoes. Invictus huffed and knelt on the ground as he slipped on my shoes and tied them for me as I was taking too long.

"I need to train you to protect yourself. It is the only assurance I have to keep you safe if I am not there." He admitted and my heart softened a little.

"Ok." I replied.

Once he was done putting on my shoes we stood up and headed down to the basement. He directed me towards the mats that Akoni and them have been training me with. Standing in the middle, Invictus turned to me.