Chapter 10

Author's Note

Hey guys!

I just wanted to say how much all your comments mean to me. It continues to mold me to be a better writer. Also, please don't feel that I am offended by you commenting regarding my characters. As I have stated before with a previous reader, these characters are my characters and I know them well. So it would only be natural that I would defend them but that doesn't mean you can't put your input in. I am enthralled by the fact that you feel all kinds of emotions when it comes to my characters behavior. So please do not feel shy to comment!

Noodles

I pushed against his chest again and he backed off. Keeping up my hands still I started to back away from the wall as I looked at him. His eyes regard me in a predatory way that made me feel actually aroused.

"No. You don't get to do that to me, Invictus. You don't get to be 'you aren't beautiful' to 'you are more than beautiful'. I deserve better. What are you bipolar? One minute you're hot and the next you're cold. I can't understand you or get a read on you. You confuse me like no other man. I need you to stay away from me if you don't want me as your mate. After all this is over, I am leaving you."

His harsh growl snapped my mouth shut. I turned around and began running up the steps. I heard him call out my name but I didn't stop. I knew if he wanted to he will catch me like nothing. He was a predator and I was his prey.

I ran like a crazy maniac up the steps and into my room where I slammed the door shut and locked it. I leaned against it and closed my eyes for a moment before moving to take off my clothes. I brushed my teeth and changed into a black silk sleeping short and a black tank top.

I crawled into bed and pulled the covers, allowing myself to fall asleep-except I didn't fall asleep. I couldn't. I tossed and turned. I sat up and punched my pillow a few times to fluff it out more but who was I kidding the pillow was already fluffy. After all, it was a royal pillow. I just couldn't sleep. I huffed and fell back on the bed.

"Why?" I shouted into the pillow.

I flipped onto my back and grabbed a pillow to place over my head. "Go to sleep!"

I lifted the pillow up and placed it back on my face again.

I swear if you don't sleep I am going to suffocate you!

When nothing worked and trust me I tried everything. I even counted sheep. I threw the pillow across the room and got out of bed. I walked to my door but stopped. Where was I going? I glanced to the wall that Invictus's room was at and after a moment I huffed and crawled back into bed.

I will not go to him.

I pulled the covers and tucked myself in as much as I can. I buried my face into the pillow and closed my eyes. I waited for sleep to come.

*

I don't know how I did it but when I awoke, it was still dark. I sighed and snuggled closer to the heater that was behind me.

Wait...

Heater...

My body went stiff. I slowly turned my head to see that Invictus was sleeping behind me. His arm draped over my waist, holding me tightly as his breathing blew lightly at my hair. How did he get in?

Slowly, I began wiggling out of his embrace. I was making progress getting out of the embrace when his body shifted and his legs came out to wrap around my waist. My head was leveled with his chest now. This was the most awkward position I have ever been in. I could feel his manhood pressed against my shoulder blade.