Chapter 19

That night, Invictus slept next to me. He felt better that he was in the room with me and I was too afraid to deny him. It took us a while to fall asleep but we were content in sleeping in each other's arm.

We woke up in the morning, Invictus told me to hurry and get ready. He was going to head downstairs first. He wouldn't say why but only that he had some important matters to take care of. I pulled on a pair of denim shorts and a plain black t-shirt. My hair was neatly combed and was now flowing down my back.

I made my way downstairs to the dining hall where everyone was whispering to each other. Caden and Invictus were speaking in Latin. Marc hasn't come down yet from upstairs. Ron and Max sat quietly next to them as they listened in on the conversation. They didn't look at all happy but when they heard me, their heads shot up and turned my way.

"Good morning." I said as I made my way to the table to sit next to Invictus.

He moved some fruits and bacon onto my plate before going back to talk again. I looked around before I tapped Invictus on the shoulder. He turned to me.

"Where are your parents? Marc is also gone as well as Elena." I said.

"My parents are still upstairs in their bedroom. Marc had a personal errand he had to run. Elena still hasn't appeared this morning. I am assuming she is in her bedroom." He responded. I slowly nodded before picking up my fork to eat.

Caden shot me a few glances while they spoke in Latin and I suddenly felt left out. I quickly finished my food and thought about leaving the table to find something else to entertain me but when Invictus's hand came out to grab mine to prevent me from leaving I turned to him.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"I th-" I began but was interrupted when a loud maniacal scream came from the great hall. Invictus shot out of his seat and pushed me behind him in a protective stance. Ron and Max immediately flanked my side.

The scream grew louder as feet padded on the floor. What I saw in front of me scared the living crap out of me. It was a middle aged woman with crazy black hair sticking out everywhere. Her clothes were torn and looked like it was the only pair of clothes she had on for years. Her skin was pale as if she has never met the sun in her life. Her hands were curled up ready to attack. Her eyes landed on Invictus and a crazy maniac smile crept on her face. Her eyes gleamed with bloodlust.

"So I see I found the King to be." She cooed crazily as she approached, tilting her head side to side in a playful manner.

She was crazy. This woman looked like one of those crazy maniac killers from a horror film. My skin crawled with goose bumps as I watched her approach us.

"That's enough, Gilda." Invictus ordered.

She arched an eyebrow as her smile grew wickedly. "What are you going to do about it?"

"Who is she?" I asked softly. Her eyes immediately snapped to me.

For a moment, she was trying to figure out who I was. Her eyes darted from Invictus back to me and then back to Invictus. She was now smiling from ear to ear as her eyes twinkled with what she just found out.

"So, little Invictus found himself his mate." She taunted in her insane voice.

Invictus's lip curled up in anger. Ron and Max moved slowly in a semi circle, following Caden. They now flanked her on all four sides. Her face moved around to look at everyone.

"Oh no. You don't get to capture me again. I am free and I will not go back into that dungeon again!" She roared as she jumped at Invictus. "I will kill you!"