Chapter 18

Deidre

After picking up each and every one of my family to pet, I placed them back into bed. Invictus waited patiently behind me as I cooed and spoke softly to them. I know this does not sound normal but they were my only family. My mother passed away shortly after my father left us for another woman. I was alone and they were the ones that kept me company.

Once I was done he wrapped an arm around my shoulder and we walked back into the palace. My heart was content. I was happy. This was the best thing ever that he could've done for me and I knew I have already forgiven him. He was right. This was as new to him as it was to me.

"Thank you, Invictus. Thank you for keeping your promise and saving them." I said.

"They are your family. I can't leave them behind. Plus, you weren't going to leave your home if I didn't do it." He said.

I grinned as I recalled the events in my mind. How time has flew by and how I have quickly come adjusted to this life. It was as if I was born to become this. My body coursed with an energy that I never felt before. I felt new and vibrant.

When we got into our bedroom I opened my door and stepped inside, turning around I blocked him from coming in. He frowned as I stopped him.

"Your room has been fixed and refurnished." I said.

"So?" He responded.

"So, you can go sleep in your room." I slammed the door shut, making sure to lock it as well as pushed my drawer in front of it. I heard him knocking a couple of times before he gave up.

I crawled into bed and pulled the covers but I found myself turning to stare at his side of the wall. I thought he would put in a better effort than that. I thought he would at least demand me to let him in. I sighed as I pulled the covers up more as I snuggled further into the bed. It wasn't until I heard the sound of something scraping and squeaking that my eyes flew open. I sat up and looked around the room. I swear I heard it even if it was a quiet sound.

"Hi." A masculine voice said from my window.

I screamed and the man quickly covered my mouth. "Now, now, we don't want to wake up those lycans do we."

It was that man from the ball. "Adlric."

The corners of his eyes wrinkled as he smiled. His cold fingers touching my skin made my skin crawl. He moved to sit on the bed with me.

"Ah, beautiful Deidre." He purred as he moved in to kiss my cheeks. His hand now has moved down to my exposed neck.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I came here to sank my teeth into your neck and make you mine." He whispered huskily. His dark red eyes were looking at me with such intensity that it scared me a little.

"I will never let you." I growled as I pushed against his chest. His grip on my neck tightened painfully that a whimper escaped my lips.

I moved to remove his hand from my throat, bending it in a manner that forced him to let me go. He released me immediately. He moved to crawl on top of me but I kicked him off before he could. His body went flying back and hit the wall, sound of it cracking was heard from the impact.

I quickly got out of bed so that I would have a better advantage. He grinned as he pushed himself off the wall and came after me. I threw a punch at his face, sending his face back a little before he quickly came back and grabbed me by my hair.

"Naughty little girl." He murmured. "You deserve to be punished."

"Go to hell." I growled as I held onto my hair.

"I am already am in hell, dear." He purred as his tongue came out to lick my cheek. "You still taste yummy, even when you are a lycan."

"Don't you fvcking touch me." I spat. "Whatever is it that you want, you won't get it from me!"

"Well it appears I am a little too late. You are a lycan." He said distastefully. "But we can still do something about you."

"Deidre?" Invictus's voice came on the other end.

"Invict-"I shouted but Aldric slapped me hard across the face. I went tumbling down on the bed. My temper flared, my skin prickled.

His lips curled into a wicked smile and it only pissed me off more.

"Deidre, are you alright? Open the door." Invictus's body was hitting against the door.

"Slap me again and you are going to wish you never did." I threatened as my fist came out and did an upper cut under his chin as he attempted to crawl back into bed with me. He backed off a little. Aldric chuckled.

"I love a feisty woman." He taunted.

The door cracked as Invictus's body slammed again on the door again. Aldric's gaze moved to the door before flickering back to me. He gripped me between my cheeks, making sure to squeeze firmly as he crushed his lips on mine. The taste of him forcing himself on me made me nauseas and I struggled in his grasp.

He pulled back after he heard the door weakened even more, just one more push and Invictus will be in the room. I can hear how weakened the door was.

"We will have to wait, my dear. It seems your mate is about to catch us in bed together but I promise you that I will have you in my arms soon enough." He crushed his lips again on mine before pulling back and disappearing out the window. The curtains were flapping after him.

The door cracked and Invictus came barging into the room. His eyes darted around the room until he found me in bed. He quickly moved to the bed where he leaned over the nightstand and turned on the light. His gaze roamed my forehead down to my cheek where his eyes darkened.

"Who was here?" He demanded immediately.

"Aldric." I said.

"He slapped you?" Invictus growled angrily. He stood up, unable to contain his anger by sitting down. His lycan wanted blood. He was growling every minute as he paced my floor.

"How did he get in?" He asked his body tense with uncontrolled rage.

"I don't know. I heard some scraping and squeaking noise and all of sudden he was by my window. I never opened it. I know it has always been locked." I said as I thought about the ways on how he can get inside. The only thought that ran through my head was someone was in my room without my permission.

"Little moon." He turned to me. His was body shaking. His breathing was heavy. His eyes were closed but when he opened them, they were black pools of darkness.

I crawled out of bed and moved to cup his cheek. "Invictus, I am fine. See, look at me."

"He touched you." Invictus growled. "He hurt you. I am going to kill him. What did he say? What did he want?"

I hesitated and Invictus growled. "Tell me, Deidre!"

"He said that he wants me--that even though I have turned lycan, he can still have me in some other way." I said. Invictus's lycan was taking over. His body was riddled with black hair.

"You need to calm down, Invictus. All that matters is that I am here." I urged further. My hands were slowly caressing his cheek in a gentle manner. His forehead fell onto mine. He fought to control his breathing.

"Yes, there we go. Breathe for me." I cooed. After his breathing has returned to normal, his eyes opened and stared at me. His hand came out to caress my cheek that was stinging.

"It seems I am failing in everything. I can't seem to protect you, little moon." He said hoarsely. His voice was slightly broken.

I shook my head. "You aren't the one that failed here. We just need to prepare ourselves more. We need to look deeper into everything."

He moved to kiss my red cheek all over. When he was done lathering my cheek with kisses he pulled back and kissed my nose.

"We will start with who is the one betraying us." He said.