Chapter 20: Captain

Snow, covered in blood... I can't even begin to imagine the sight of it. How could a person do such a thing?

"My grandfather never even stood a chance... against a student... I will avenge him for the sake of my father." She said.

"If he was already capable of defeating a high ranking TYB soldier back then, then who knows how strong he's become now."

"He wasn't just strong---he was nearly invincible. They say that he carried out the killings without breaking a sweat."

"Why, though? There must have been an ulterior motive."

"They say he was a psychopath. Plus, he was a student of this academy. How could they have let such a person into this place?" She said, with a bitter expression on her face.

"I know I'm jumping onto a different topic, but how did Utsumi find out about your connection to this case?"

"I did ask him about this, but he replied that I need not know all the details, and that I'm supposed to trust him."

He's definitely a mysterious person. I can't seem to get the opportunity to use my powers. I could just ask him, since he knows about it, but I don't think he'd want me prying into his business. He wouldn't even let me get in close proximity with him, since he'll be on guard whenever I'm around.

*PDA RINGING*

CALLER: CPT. AKANE

"Hello, Ryou? Are you busy?"

"A-Akane! It's been more than a week... I've been trying to call you... and, this name... why does it show 'Cpt.'...?"

"You don't have to save the names of people associated with this academy... they'll automatically appear on your PDA when you're receiving a call."

"So you have a PDA, now?"

"Yeah, they gave me a new one. My old one was lost 6 months ago."

"Why does it show CPT... Captain..? Don't tell me---"

"Ah, yeah, I regained a little bit of my memories... Apparently, I was a TYB soldier. They aren't telling me more about it, though. Seems I'm supposed to remember them myself... implying that it's the best way."

"TYB... That was... unanticipated. Anyway, where are you right now?"

"I think I'm at Yuriko's house. I keep seeing her every morning. It's pretty close to the main building, actually."

"Oh really? I think I'll visit you some time. By the way, any news from my father? Did he contact you?"

"No, he hasn't. I thought for sure he must have talked to you. What is going on? Is everything all right?"

"Sure. Y-You don't have to worry about a thing, Akane."

"If you say so. Okay, good night, then. And don't forget to call me as soon as you hear from your dad. Bye."

CALL ENDED.

Captain? Wouldn't that make her the top of her Rank? Ah, that's not important right now. I need to call my dad.

*CALLING: DAD*

*Ringing... Ringing...*

*CALL ENDED.*

Again, not picking up. What's wrong? Besides, he must have checked his call log since the last time I called him. Where is he now? I need to have a word with Henry.

"I-Is everything all right? And, why were you mentioning the name Akane? Surely, you don't mean THE Harumi Akane, do you?" Tsujihara asked.

"Uh... Yeah, her. Why? What's wrong?" I replied.

"Y-You were just talking to her?"

"Yes... What's wrong?"

"She's the Captain of Rank-3---And quite possibly stronger than even Rank-2 soldiers. She's the youngest to ever be made captain... A child prodigy."

WHAT? Akane... The Captain of Rank-3? Good grief.

"How do you know about all this?"

"My father still has some connections in the TYB, because of my grandfather, so I keep hearing the names of all the best soldiers. Besides, a lot of people know about her too... Why wouldn't the youngest captain not be famous? I heard she was also handpicked and put into the TYB by the principal herself. She was also the student council president during her time here. She has a lot of fans, too. And, you just happen to know her... Are you related to her in any way, like, a brother---?"

"Oh, no. Not at all. Just her friend."

"I-I see. Well, then, it's already late, so let us head back as well."

"Sure. Good night."

She left, leaving me with startling information. Henry could have told me about this. In fact, he hasn't told me about anything much ever since I've arrived here. Let me call him...

I searched for his name in the PDA, but to no avail. The call log history also didn't record it. This has just become inconvenient for me now... Agh.