Chapter 26

Today is the day! Finally it's time for the premiere of the play. I am very excited yet at the same time I am extremely nervous. I don't want to have to kiss Noah, and what if I mess up. Or I make a fool of myself or I forget my lines?

I need to get out of my head. I am going to make myself even more stressed, and then I will freak out, and then I will for sure mess up. I need to focus at school today and talk to Kristen.

I'm going to tell her as soon as I get to school today, and see what she has to say. I know she will freak out at me, and ask why I didn't tell her sooner.

---

I arrive at school ten minutes before the bell to class rings. I get out of my car and walk to Kristen and I's usual meeting spot. I see her standing there on her phone. When I get closer, she looks up and notices me. She smiles and waves at me. I don't really return the gesture.

Since yesterday it feels like there is a big rock in my stomach. I can't seem to forget what happened. I have tried, but the scene keeps playing in my mind. I can still see the look of shock on Noah's face.

"What's wrong?" Kristen asks.

"I messed up. I messed up really bad. Like really really bad." I sighed.

"What did you do?" She says concerned.

"I told Noah that I like him."

"YOU DID WHAT?" She yells.

"It was an accident, I didn't mean to say it."

"Tell me exactly what happened."

"We were supposed to kiss for the beginning of the play. When it came time for us to actually do the kiss I told him to stop. Then afterwards he asked me what was wrong, so I told that I didn't want to kiss him in front of the whole class. Then he kept pressing, and he said that he knew that it wasn't the real reason. So I just kind of blurted out that I liked him and I didn't want our first kiss to be like that."

"Olivia, why would you do that?"

"I don't know it just kind of came out."

"What did he say?"

"He didn't say anything." I replied. "Do you think that is a bad thing?"

"No, I don't think so, but his silence can mean multiple things. It could mean that he was taken by surprise and thinking of a response, or that he didn't want to say something that would hurt your feelings."

"Well I hope it was the first one, but I doubt that it is." I smile weakly.