Chapter Fifteen

Începe de la început

"I'm so sorry Isaac.."

He shakes his head slowly, "i deserved it, I shouldn't have lashed out like I did." I stayed quiet letting him continue. He try's placing his hands on the side of my arms, but I take a step back away from him. Isaac sighs deeply, regret written all over his face and laced in his deep voice. "I'm so sorry, Hailey. I can assure you that it'll never happen again, princess, I promise. It's just that.. Layla drives my fucking patience, and hearing her name let alone come from your mouth irks me. I don't ever want you to have to worry about anyone, or anything. Please, don't quit on me."

I stare up at his sadden face but don't say anything, instead I turn around and unlock my front door. I hear him sigh deeply and hear his footsteps begin to walk away. I turn back around calling his name, well his nickname..

"KP." He turns to look at me and I slowly start to smile, and crack my door open. "Your lips starting to swell, I think I have a bag of frozen veggies in my freezer if you wanna come in."

His face immediately lights up and he nods, walking back over to me. He places his hands on the side of my face, kissing me oh so passionately, whispering. "I'm so sorry."

I nod removing his hands, "I know.. come in."

I open the door wide enough so he can step through and close the door behind me. I place my bag onto the nearest couch and make my way over to the fridge with Isaac following closely behind me. I open the freezer and noticed that we're shit out of luck, we don't have any frozen veggies. We have some meats, chicken, an ice cream tub, popsicles, hash brown patties and frozen corn on the cob.

I grab a blue otter pop and hand it to Isaac. "Turns out we don't have veggies after all."

He chuckles reaching for the frozen ice pop, "its fine, it'll do." He says, placing it on his bottom lip. "You got a hell of a right hook," he smirks. "Where'd you learn to hit like that?"

I smile bashfully, some what still ashamed that i actually hit him. "I've taken a couple of self defense classes."

"Your dad?" He smiles.

"Yup," I nod and smile in return.

Isaac continues to grin grabbing a hold of my right hand, placing his ice pop on my knuckles. I wince a bit when the coldness causes them to sting. "That's hot," he mutters and I look up at him confused. He chuckles continuing to hold the blue pop to my knuckles, "that you can fight i mean, not your dad." He laughs and I giggle along with him.

I continue to grin staring up into his smoldering but now soft brown eyes, "what?" he chuckles.

I shake my head, smiling, removing the pop from my cold knuckles. "You told her that I was your girlfriend.."

"Are you not?" He smirks, arching his brow. He comes a little closer, wrapping his arms around me.

"I mean, I don't remember you asking me to be.."

He chuckles deeply, "fine.. Hailey Summer's, will you be my girlfriend?"

I tilt my head to the side some bit as if i were thinking about it, "hmm, ask me tomorrow.." I smile.

"Tomorrow?"

"Mhm," I continue to smile, wrapping my arms around his shoulders. "After our date."

Isaac continues to smile, nodding his head. "Remind me though, I tend to forget things easily."

I quickly unwrap my arms from around him, playfully hitting him on his chest. "Isaac!"

He laughs, "I'm just kidding!" He leans into kiss me and I quickly place the half melted ice pop on his lips.

"No kissing until the swelling comes down," I tell him.

"I've taken harder blows to the face before, I think I'll live," he teases, leaning back in for the kiss he so desperately wants.

I lean in closer to him when I hear my front door open and quickly shove Isaac away from me. My dad walks into the house with two brown bags in his hands, "Hail, why is that BMW parked ou-" he comes to a pause when he notices Isaac standing next to me.

"Can I help you with those?" Isaac kindly offers, leaving my side.

"I got it," my dad answers quickly, walking passed him.

"Be nice." I mutter through clenched teeth as my dad passes by me.

My dad sets the grocery bags down on the island in the middle of the kitchen, and sighs deeply. "I'm trying to be okay with this, I am." He says. "But I do not feel comfortable with you hanging around my daughter alone in this house, do you understand me?"

"Completely. It won't happen again, sir."

"And cut it out with that sir shit already, you can either call me David, or you can call me Mr. Summers."

Isaac nods, "sorry."

"What happen to your lip?" My dad asks as he starts to take things out of the brown bags.

"Oh it's nothing," Isaac says, trying to wave the subject off.

"Doesn't look like nothing," my dad points out, and a part of me starts to panic. I know my dad, he'll blow the whole thing over making it bigger than it needs to be.

Isaac begins to chuckle and I turn to look at him confused. What's he laughing about? "Your daughter happened actually."

My dad and I both quickly snapped our attention towards Isaac. What the hell is he doing?! "My daughter?" My dad arches an eyebrow.

Isaac nods shifting his gaze over to me for a quick second and smiles, "I was walking her to the door and she accidentally dropped her keys on the ground." He chuckles softly, "we basically both bent down to reach for them, and poof.. she head butts me right on the mouth."

Wait, did he just really lie to my father?

My dad just stares at Isaac for a couple seconds, basically trying to decide if he wants to believe him or not. He pulls out a bag of frozen strawberries and tosses the bag at him. "So where are you guys going tomorrow?" He asks Isaac, and I thank God that my dad drops the whole lip incident.

Isaac places the bag back onto his lip, walking up to the other side of the island, as I put away some of the food into the fridge. "I was thinking of heading into the city, grab something to eat, do a little sight seeing maybe."

I turn to look at Isaac, the city? I smile to myself.

Isaac places the bag of berries down and tilts his head back towards the door, " I should probably get going, Hail."

My dad narrows his eyes at Isaac and I jab him on the side with my elbow for him to cut it out. Before Isaac came along my dad and Carmen were the only two that referred to me as Hail so I'm sure it took my dad by surprise. I nod and walk over to him when I hear my dad speak up behind me, "you sure you don't want to stay for dinner, Isaac? I'm not throwing you out or anything."

"Oh no, sir- Cazzo, I mean Mr. Summers.. I appreciate the invite, i do, thank you, but I actually have a couple things I need to do."

"Very well," my dad says. "We'll see you tomorrow.."

Isaac tells my father goodbye and I walk him out to his car. We're standing on the drivers side of the car, when Isaac pulls me into him wrapping his arms around my shoulders. "How bad would your dad flip out if he came outside and saw us kissing?"

I stand on my tippy toes, leaning into him. "Pretty bad.."

Isaac leans in closer that our noses are practically touching now, "yeah? So I probably shouldn't kiss you right now huh?"

I smirk up at him, "I mean I'm not gonna stop you if that's what you're asking."

Isaac chuckles and gives me a quick peck on the lips, "I have to go to at&t and get a new phone, but I'll call you as soon as I get it, okay?"

I nod, "are you gonna go home right after?"

"Yeah probably," he smiles. "No more errands," he says placing another quick peck on my lips.

"Good," I lock our lips one last time before he leaves..